Author Topic: New website  (Read 23411 times)

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
New website
« on: December 05, 2016, 10:34:24 AM »
Dear all,

Welcome to the new RetroFE website. For the time being we will operate under www.retrofe.nl; in time I expect that www.retrofe.com will also point to this site. I apologize for any quality issues of this site; I'm not a web developer, and I would welcome any and all help to improve the quality of this site. :) Let me know if you experience any issues with this new site, and I will try to resolve them as quickly as possible.

A few months ago, Emb, the original developer of RetroFE, asked me to take over control of RetroFE from him. Unfortunately I have been unable to move over the old forum, so we're starting with a clean slate here. If there's any information you want to copy over from the old site, do so now before it's gone. If you wish to use the new forum without the surrounding banners, just use http://www.retrofe.nl/SMF/

I hope that we can start an active community here, and work together with the art developers at HyperSpin and EmuMovies to keep a vibrant emulation scene up and running. We're not in competition with other front-ends; just working together to enjoy a common hobby. If you feel you can help out in any way, please let me know.

Now that the new site is up and running, I plan to get back to programming new features. Let's make RetroFE even better, together!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 10:43:04 AM by Pieter Hulshoff »

kputo

• View Profile
Re: New website
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 09:05:28 PM »
Hi Pieter,

is the site wordpress ... i can give a try du make a layout
this one take 5 min :)

http://www.pic-upload.de/view-32242244/2016-12-0522_04_03-About.png.html

greets Dennis

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 09:55:46 PM »
Yes, this site uses wordpress. 😀

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2016, 12:54:23 PM »
I just fixed the attachment settings; the size of the directory has been changed from 10 MB to 10 GB, like it was supposed to be. :)

kputo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2016, 01:59:25 PM »
Hi Pieter,

i had a little work today ... and ... thats the result

Webpreview

this can also be a wordpress template :)

greets Dennis
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 02:06:02 PM by kputo »

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 03:29:42 PM »
Interesting concept. :) Certainly worth considering IMHO, but I'd like to get some more input from others as well.

ThePreserver

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 04:59:15 AM »
Hello world. I heard about the move so I figured I would come along for the ride!

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2016, 07:59:58 AM »
Welcome, and feel free to jump in on the discussion regarding the way the website looks. :)

JonahUK

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2016, 04:57:45 PM »
The only thing I would change is the whitespace on the main page, there is too much in my opinion.
I personally use the /SMF version for the forums but it doesn't work for the main page unfortunately.

Tom Acunzo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2016, 12:31:25 AM »
Greetings I'm back. :)

Figure I'd check in to see what's new. On the original forums under the developer chat section I patched RetroFE to run on Mac OS. Unfortunately I didn't get to share my changes to the source back in January. I'd like to dive back in. Just wondering what direction the project has taken since then? The last I heard a new layout system was in the works which was later scrapped.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2016, 07:37:29 AM »
Greetings I'm back. :)

Figure I'd check in to see what's new. On the original forums under the developer chat section I patched RetroFE to run on Mac OS. Unfortunately I didn't get to share my changes to the source back in January. I'd like to dive back in. Just wondering what direction the project has taken since then? The last I heard a new layout system was in the works which was later scrapped.

That's correct. Emb was working on a new layout system, but had to abandon it due to lack of time. I took over development in February, but I stayed on the XML path. I did manage to fix a lot of bugs, and add new features in spite of that though. :)
I'd welcome your changes; just let me know what to change. I'll clean up my bitbucket fork soon to reduce the size of the package, and work from a single branch from there on, so once that's done you could give me a pull request for your changes.

Tom Acunzo

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2016, 10:17:56 PM »
That's correct. Emb was working on a new layout system, but had to abandon it due to lack of time. I took over development in February, but I stayed on the XML path. I did manage to fix a lot of bugs, and add new features in spite of that though. :)
I'd welcome your changes; just let me know what to change. I'll clean up my bitbucket fork soon to reduce the size of the package, and work from a single branch from there on, so once that's done you could give me a pull request for your changes.

Should I fork your default branch? I see you cleaned things up 2hrs ago.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2016, 11:09:52 PM »
Sure, go ahead. I'm sure there'll be more changes in the near future, but now's as good a time as any. 😀

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

ryuuji

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2016, 04:04:36 PM »
I guess I ve been gone for a long time ... since my health (and my gpu died :P) went down a bit. Slowly getting back on my feet and will have to finish some of the layouts.

Sequence

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2016, 04:16:15 PM »
Congrats, and thank you for all your hard work.