Author Topic: [WIP] Transparency  (Read 4738 times)

Jeff M

• View Profile
[WIP] Transparency
« on: June 24, 2017, 04:36:05 PM »
So first I would like to apologize for posting other themes that never even came close to completion. Other themes I've tried to tackle were way too dependent on created art and weren't realistic to ever complete.

This time around I tried to keep the created art to a minimum and just have to finish creating a few icons. I have a working preview but its very basic. Once I have everything complete if anyone would like to shine it up a little with some smoother animations that would be great.

The theme is inspired by the menus of zelda breathe of the wild.

previews below.

Agent47

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] Transparency
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 05:10:59 PM »
This theme looks great, nice and simple. The only potential criticism I have is the labels for mfc, date and rating are a bit hard to read, but that may look better when actually running the theme.

No need to apologize, that's the nature of doing themes which rely on created artwork. It's why I pretty much never use themes like that and caution people about going down that road. You can do some really cool looking stuff with custom assets but unless you plan on implementing it on a small scale it's a lot of work to make happen, which deters a lot of users.

Jeff M

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 01:25:43 PM »
Video Preview. Not many bells and whistles at the moment but its a functional preview. Tweaked a few assets and added subtle background movement.

https://youtu.be/ZRs90pxQi9I

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2017, 03:57:27 PM »
Nice fonts; really good setup without needing a ton of art. 😀

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk