Author Topic: Ultra  (Read 4080 times)

cassette

• View Profile
Ultra
« on: July 12, 2017, 01:17:09 PM »
This theme has a very specific goal in mind: to be functional and look good with no metadata. I've settled on this as my philosophy for frontends because to my perception, it is unfeasible to have the majority of our games with appropriate metadata within even the next 10 years (too many obscure games, lack of worldwide organization regarding standards, etc), and therefore including metadata as part of the design will invariably leave you with games were you will see no video, you'll have a low-quality scan of the cover, no logo, etc, which to me looks terribly awkward due to lots of blank gaps on screen and logo-no logo-logo-logo-no logo-no logo type of scenarios. Some other things addressed were trying to pass bad quality videos as presentable, the avoidance of repeated info, and the avoidance of unnecessary info.

I realize this is a very specific mindset, so here's a very specific theme for very specific people: https://mega.nz/#!OAlVhBTK!yeR-gzsH61lyMcYIbzvxNxaMsxCQUVLA8zy1Pssv2fs

People who download it may find themselves having to rename the layout folders, as I use somewhat unorthodox names (always the original name ie. 'Atari Video Computer System' instead of 'Atari 2600'). I'm not nearly satisfied with it, but it works at a basic level.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 01:20:44 PM by firewater »