Author Topic: Why I am saying Goodbye for now  (Read 3292 times)

Mark Norville

• View Profile
Why I am saying Goodbye for now
« on: May 23, 2017, 12:21:14 PM »
Hi Pieter, and all

I have tried to get along with RetroFE but to be honest, I can set up 5 systems within minutes on another software, and yet 1 on this.

Maybe this is lack of trial and not enough patience, but also my main reason is below.

My main reason is thus

16:9 this 16:9 that, a lot of people have cabinets, I am lucky to have a variety of displays, my main focus, however, is for my arcade cabinet which is a 4:3 display.

The lack of 4:3 skins is the main part of not continuing for the moment with RetroFE, however, when I come to look at my TV display then this will probably be the software that I focus on.

The display issues and also speed of setting up is why I have to jump ship, back to the ship that I jumped from lol

I am still floating about, and checking progress, but for my cab, this is just not the software that can support that.

Regards

Mark
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 01:34:06 PM by Pieter Hulshoff »

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
Re: Why I am saying Goodbye for now
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 01:33:47 PM »
I guess you have a point; only Aeon Nox is currently available in 4:3 finished (and soon to be updated) layout at the moment. Almost all new cabs are fitted with 16:9 monitors these days, so that's what people focus on.

Setting up systems should become much easier with the PD truRIP releases though, so keep an eye on that. 😀

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

JonahUK

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 01:51:42 PM »
If you want a simple AND minimal 4:3 theme for your cab, why not check out RetroSpin: http://retrofe.nl/SMF/index.php?topic=157.msg1620#msg1620?
No eye candy, just select a system then your game and done.

I have a HS & RL system already configured on my Cab so I simply point RL to RetroFE and with some additional (but minimal) configuration can use either HS or RetroFE as the front end.

Hope you change your mind and stick with RetroFE but it is your choice after all.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 06:16:41 PM by JonahUK »

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 07:39:48 PM »
Keep it friendly, please. We all have a right to our own opinion, but insults have no place on this forum.