Author Topic: RetroFE 0.8.0  (Read 54301 times)

ryuuji

• View Profile
Re: RetroFE 0.8.0
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2017, 10:37:23 PM »
Release 0.8.3 available:
- Added reloadableMedia and reloadableText type firstLetter to allow images/text displayed based on the first letter of a selected item.
- Fixed bug where <video> continued playing upon launch. Video needs to be turned off when a game is launched, and restarted when the game is complete.

wow that was fast

dustind900

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2017, 10:42:25 PM »
I guess I'm not sure how to give an example? I use the default Aeon Nox layout. All collections in the main menu show system art and info.conf in the bottom box. I am launching Pinball FX2 from the main menu all artwork works fine except there is no way to display system art for executables. I don't know how else to explain it.

also now the frontend s not playing nice with 005.zip for mame. Artwork will not show and the game won't launch. RetroFE complains the file doesn't exist, but I can assure you it does.
Code: [Select]
[2017-04-23 17:29:09] [WARNING] [Launcher] Checking to see if "M:\Roms/MAME\005.zip" exists  [No]
[2017-04-23 17:29:09] [WARNING] [Launcher] Could not find any files with the name "005" in folder "M:\Roms/MAME\

Edit:
Ok it has nothing to do with "005". It is affecting whatever rom is listed first in include.txt. No art is displayed and the game can't be found in the rom dir even though it does exist

Edit 2:
The problem happens when "list.menuSort = true" and the include.txt itself is not sorted. I sorted my include.txt and the problem stopped.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 11:01:43 PM by dustind900 »

ryuuji

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2017, 10:59:19 PM »
M:\Roms/MAME\

those are wrong

dustind900

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2017, 11:06:57 PM »
M:\Roms/MAME\

those are wrong

I resolved the first slash but I think RetroFE adds the last one itself.
[2017-04-23 18:03:56] [INFO] [Launcher] Checking to see if "M:/Roms/MAME\ssrj.zip" exists  [Yes]

dustind900

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2017, 01:35:33 AM »
Here is a better example Pieter. Sorry they are phone pics, but I don't have anything installed on this pc except RetroFE.

One picture is of mame just for reference. The other is Pinball FX2 which is not a collection, just an executable. You can see the lack of art and info in the bottom box.

Sent from my LG-H950 using Tapatalk

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2017, 06:49:42 AM »
Edit:
Ok it has nothing to do with "005". It is affecting whatever rom is listed first in include.txt. No art is displayed and the game can't be found in the rom dir even though it does exist

Edit 2:
The problem happens when "list.menuSort = true" and the include.txt itself is not sorted. I sorted my include.txt and the problem stopped.

I will investigate later this week. :)

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2017, 08:49:32 AM »
Here is a better example Pieter. Sorry they are phone pics, but I don't have anything installed on this pc except RetroFE.

One picture is of mame just for reference. The other is Pinball FX2 which is not a collection, just an executable. You can see the lack of art and info in the bottom box.

I see what you mean, and I fear that's indeed not yet possible. I'll have to give this some thought, since the info.conf allows for much more flexibility than the XML based database used for launchable items.

JonahUK

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2017, 12:15:28 PM »
display system art for executables

Just create any needed artwork and an info.conf, place it in the collections system_artwork folder, job done.

EDIT:
Attached mine for Pinball.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 12:23:52 PM by JonahUK »

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2017, 12:39:41 PM »
Just create any needed artwork and an info.conf, place it in the collections system_artwork folder, job done.

That will not work for launchable items; only for collections. His Pinball is defined in the roms directory or in an include.txt file, and not as a collection. The device png can be shown by creating a "PinballFx2.png" image (or whatever the correct name is) in the collections/Main/medium_artwork/device directory, but the information in info.conf for a collection is usually defined in a meta XML file for launchable items (games), which isn't nearly as flexible as the info.conf file.

JonahUK

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2017, 02:18:05 PM »

That will not work for launchable items; only for collections. His Pinball is defined in the roms directory or in an include.txt file, and not as a collection. The device png can be shown by creating a "PinballFx2.png" image (or whatever the correct name is) in the collections/Main/medium_artwork/device directory, but the information in info.conf for a collection is usually defined in a meta XML file for launchable items (games), which isn't nearly as flexible as the info.conf file.

You misunderstood me.
Pinball FX2 should be treated as a collection as tables are passed to the executable in pretty much the same way as MAME, RetroArch etc.

dustind900

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2017, 02:56:50 PM »
You misunderstood me.
Pinball FX2 should be treated as a collection as tables are passed to the executable in pretty much the same way as MAME, RetroArch etc.

You are assuming I want my setup like yours... I don't. I have no reason to launch pinball fx tables seperately.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 03:00:24 PM by dustind900 »

JonahUK

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2017, 03:20:02 PM »
You misunderstood me.

You are assuming I want my setup like yours... I don't. I have no reason to launch pinball fx tables seperately.

It doesn't matter how you want it setup, the method is still the same.
Create a collection with a shortcut to the exe in the rom folder. Job done.
You can do this with any executable.

dustind900

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2017, 04:05:10 PM »
That is silly. You would have to click on pinball fx2 twice. Once to enter the menu then once to launch the game. I'll just launch it from the main menu like I want to. Boom job done.

JonahUK

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2017, 04:23:47 PM »
That is silly

That is how it is usually done to have all art and info etc so forgive me for not wanting to be a special case.

dustind900

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2017, 04:29:15 PM »
Sticks and stones. You are using a workaround. I aim to help improve the front-end by not having to use workarounds. So let's agree to disagree and keep this thread on topic.