Author Topic: RetroFE 0.8.0  (Read 54604 times)

JonahUK

Re: RetroFE 0.8.0
« Reply #30 on: April 24, 2017, 04:39:46 PM »
Since when is using the indended function a workaround?
Anyway, I'm done. No more off-topic posts from me.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2017, 04:44:04 PM »
End conclusion: what you want works fine for general art, but not for information available via info.conf and not available via the meta XML database. I'll give it some thought.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Agent47

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2017, 05:05:23 PM »
Making workaround suggestions is fine but keep in mind that not everyone wants things done the same way, different strokes for different folks. When making suggestions it's a good idea to say how things "could be" done rather than "should be". The latter makes it sound like you're forcing your way on someone else rather than offering an alternative method.

One of the best parts of frontends is that you can customize it to your preferences and if something doesn't work the way you want it you're free to make a feature request.

ryuuji

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 24, 2017, 06:40:49 PM »
Could we get this feature http://blog.ivank.net/fastest-gaussian-blur.html Pieter ?

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2017, 06:57:19 PM »
Could we get this feature http://blog.ivank.net/fastest-gaussian-blur.html Pieter ?
I'm certainly open to adding effects, though using them will certainly raise the pc requirements. 😀

ryuuji

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2017, 07:02:17 PM »
Ofc but they will be used on certain layouts, not the current ones
that Aurora layout will certainly benefit from this

tonesmalone

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2017, 10:50:39 PM »
Release 0.8.3 available:
- Added reloadableMedia and reloadableText type firstLetter to allow images/text displayed based on the first letter of a selected item.
- Fixed bug where <video> continued playing upon launch. Video needs to be turned off when a game is launched, and restarted when the game is complete.

Cheers for this!

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2017, 09:26:55 AM »
Ofc but they will be used on certain layouts, not the current ones
that Aurora layout will certainly benefit from this

True, but note that blurring his 800x200 image took 32 ms using the fastest algorithm. That's longer than most animations last, and that's just one small image. You'll need a very fast machine to make this look good. I'll do some tests in C++ and SDL2 though to see how fast it works there.

ryuuji

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2017, 10:48:17 AM »
True, but note that blurring his 800x200 image took 32 ms using the fastest algorithm. That's longer than most animations last, and that's just one small image. You'll need a very fast machine to make this look good. I'll do some tests in C++ and SDL2 though to see how fast it works there.

oh...ok

JonahUK

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2017, 01:08:07 PM »
Maybe better to leave it to the User to blur any images or leave it up to the layout creator to provide blurred images if their theme uses them.
If any theme uses non-standard art etc then the creator should include said images with the theme.

That would be better than introducing any possible slowdown to do this on the fly.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 01:16:46 PM by JonahUK »

theherooftime796

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2017, 09:43:46 PM »
Would there be any way to use the new firstLetter attribute to temporarily display a reloadableImage/Text of the corresponding letter only when scrolling through games using the letterUp/letterDown controls. I don't see how this would be possible without applying an animation to an as-of-yet non-existent <onKeyPress> or a more flexible <onControlEntered> action type. And as usual keep up the great work pieter.  ;)

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2017, 11:03:32 PM »
Not at the moment; letterUp/Down uses the onHighlight animations. I could add a new type, but that would impact all current themes.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2017, 03:10:27 PM »
Ok it has nothing to do with "005". It is affecting whatever rom is listed first in include.txt. No art is displayed and the game can't be found in the rom dir even though it does exist

Edit 2:
The problem happens when "list.menuSort = true" and the include.txt itself is not sorted. I sorted my include.txt and the problem stopped.

I tested this, but I don't have an issue on my setup. Could you see if you can reproduce the issue in a smaller game setup, and then zip it up, and send it to me? My include.txt isn't sorted either, and my list.menuSort = true, but both the first game in the include.txt as well as the first game on the sorted list show art as normal.

dustind900

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2017, 05:25:45 PM »
I tested this, but I don't have an issue on my setup. Could you see if you can reproduce the issue in a smaller game setup, and then zip it up, and send it to me? My include.txt isn't sorted either, and my list.menuSort = true, but both the first game in the include.txt as well as the first game on the sorted list show art as normal.

It was because the Encoding on my include.txt was set to UTF-8 with BOM. I tested this with list.menuSort set to true and false, also with a sorted and unsorted list. Removing the byte-order mark fixed the problem.

Mark Norville

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2017, 05:05:40 PM »
Sorry if this has been mentioned before,

Just messing around with the arcade system and tried to install this version

However, when trying to start it I get cannot start missing libgobject-2.0-0.dll

This was from a fresh install.

Regards

Mark