Author Topic: RetroFE 0.8.0 - Release Candidate 1  (Read 35688 times)

tonesmalone

• View Profile
Re: RetroFE 0.8.0 - Release Candidate 1
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2017, 01:14:12 PM »
Has anyone used 0.8.0 - RC1 without issues so far? :) I'm trying to get a feeling of where we are with this release.

I've been using it since you posted it, and it's working great for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ryuuji

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2017, 01:21:08 PM »
same here

dougan78

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2017, 02:51:09 AM »
Tested out .8.0 RC1 and found it works great for me.  I do have a question on controls config:

1. I have one of my key set to "=" for back.  If i put in =,joy2button8 for it then equals doesnt work any more. 
2. I noticed in windows control panel button 7 and 8 are for start/back for xbox 360 controller.  If i set button8/start to start it goes back. 
3. This may have to do with using the = sign.  If i use Keypad = or the As400 one it doesnt work period.

Any ideas?  If you need more info let me know  Here is my controls.conf

Code: [Select]
up = Up,joy2Hat0Up
down = Down,joy2Hat0Down
left =
right =
pageUp = Left,joy2Hat0Left
pageDown = Right,joy2Hat0Right
letterUp = h,joy2button3
letterDown = z,joy2button1
nextPlaylist = 6,joy2button4
addPlaylist =  2,joy2button5
removePlaylist = 5,joy2button6
random = 6,joy2button2
select = =
back = 0,joy2button7
quit = Q

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2017, 09:14:34 AM »
I will do some debugging later this week to see if I can figure out what the issue is.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

bodbod

• View Profile
    • Don't be a sheep, Do It Yourself !
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2017, 12:16:20 AM »
Where can I find the most updated manual as i believe the current one in the download section is quite obsolete for some sections.

Thanks !

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2017, 07:33:20 AM »
Where can I find the most updated manual as i believe the current one in the download section is quite obsolete for some sections.

Unfortunately that's the latest version; I plan to replace it with an updated wiki as soon as 0.8.0 is released.
Is there something specific you're missing?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 08:43:32 AM by Pieter Hulshoff »

bodbod

• View Profile
    • Don't be a sheep, Do It Yourself !
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2017, 07:02:34 PM »
Hey,

Yes indeed, i would like to have more information in regards :

- "The last step is to add the newly created collection to the main menu by editing RetroFE/collections/Main/menu.xml, and add a line:" I think this one is gone and we use only menu.txt instead
- 3D options for enabling the GPU (for retro FE)
- option in settings : # Clear the input on entering/exiting a collection collectionInputClear - what does that do exactly ?
- the retroFE shortcut in the root directory can no tbe moved otherwise it s not working, maybe a quick explanation would be necessary.
- in the controls config, i have never managed to use the hat thing, only this way :

up = joy2Axis1+,Up
down = joy2Axis1-,Down
left = joy2Axis0-,Left
right = joy2Axis0+,Right
pageUp = joy3Axis1+,A
pageDown = joy3Axis1-,B
letterUp = joy3Axis0+,N
letterDown = joy3Axis0-,M
nextPlaylist = joy3Button3,P
addPlaylist = joy2Button7,I
removePlaylist = joy3Button7,O
random = joy3Button6,R
select = joy3Button8,Space
back = joy3Button9,Escape
quit = Q

- when the favorite list is selected, is there an information on the screen telling you it is active or not ? That would be handy.
- if you want to add layouts and that you have selected the AEON NOX. spare layouts must be placed in Aeon Nox sub folders ?

Extra question :
- There was a direct link to the manual on the previous website, why don't you have one as well on the .nl version ?

Sorry if i am asking stupid question but this can maybe help others at my level :)

Agent47

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2017, 08:09:06 PM »
"The last step is to add the newly created collection to the main menu by editing RetroFE/collections/Main/menu.xml, and add a line:" I think this one is gone and we use only menu.txt instead
Correct, older versions used an xml.

the retroFE shortcut in the root directory can no tbe moved otherwise it s not working, maybe a quick explanation would be necessary.
The shortcut uses relative paths so if you move the shortcut the exe will not be found. You can create a new one in Windows by right clicking the exe and that will use absolute paths so you can move it wherever you'd like.

when the favorite list is selected, is there an information on the screen telling you it is active or not ? That would be handy.
That depends on the layout, if the layout utilizes the playlist type for an element it will show. The Nox layout for example will display an image for the playlist using the logos in the collections/_common\medium_artwork\playlist directory.

if you want to add layouts and that you have selected the AEON NOX. spare layouts must be placed in Aeon Nox sub folders ?
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking here but if you want to use a different layout you'll need to download the layout and place it in the RetroFE/layouts folder. You would then edit the "layout" value in the RetroFE/settings.conf to the name of the layout folder.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2017, 09:09:31 PM »
- "The last step is to add the newly created collection to the main menu by editing RetroFE/collections/Main/menu.xml, and add a line:" I think this one is gone and we use only menu.txt instead

As said: menu.xml is still supported, but it's not much used anymore.

- 3D options for enabling the GPU (for retro FE)

RetroFE should use hardware acceleration automatically when available. The emulators have their own settings though.

- option in settings : # Clear the input on entering/exiting a collection collectionInputClear - what does that do exactly ?

Some controllers may give multiple inputs when pressed, causing you to run the game immediately after you enter a collection. To prevent that from happening, you can set this parameter to true; it will clear the input queue when you enter/exit a collection.

- in the controls config, i have never managed to use the hat thing, only this way :

What type of controller do you use?

- There was a direct link to the manual on the previous website, why don't you have one as well on the .nl version ?

There is, but it's in PDF for now. That's just temporarily while I set up a wiki on this site as well.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2017, 09:41:12 AM »
Tested out .8.0 RC1 and found it works great for me.  I do have a question on controls config:

1. I have one of my key set to "=" for back.  If i put in =,joy2button8 for it then equals doesnt work any more. 
2. I noticed in windows control panel button 7 and 8 are for start/back for xbox 360 controller.  If i set button8/start to start it goes back. 
3. This may have to do with using the = sign.  If i use Keypad = or the As400 one it doesnt work period.

Any ideas?  If you need more info let me know  Here is my controls.conf

Code: [Select]
up = Up,joy2Hat0Up
down = Down,joy2Hat0Down
left =
right =
pageUp = Left,joy2Hat0Left
pageDown = Right,joy2Hat0Right
letterUp = h,joy2button3
letterDown = z,joy2button1
nextPlaylist = 6,joy2button4
addPlaylist =  2,joy2button5
removePlaylist = 5,joy2button6
random = 6,joy2button2
select = =
back = 0,joy2button7
quit = Q

Can you upload your controls.conf as a file rather than text? I'd like to play around with it a bit. I just did a test with my own keyboard, and it appears to be working just fine, but it may be related to the combination with control pad buttons.

dougan78

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2017, 01:05:17 PM »
Here is my controls.conf

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2017, 01:18:29 PM »
Here is my controls.conf
Thanks, I will take a look.

Mark Norville

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2017, 01:02:07 PM »
I'm mostly considering my site's bandwidth bill as well. 😀

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Have you not thought about doing a torrent file? You could have the download link just on the website, so it hopefully does not go into the torrent scene, and then people can keep it shared. It would be one way of cutting down on your bandwidth.

Regards

Mark

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2017, 02:20:20 PM »
Here is my controls.conf

Hmm, I cannot reproduce the problem on my computer. I used your controls.conf as uploaded, and the = key works just fine for me. I also tested changing your joypad buttons with my own, and both the = as well as the defined select button work fine for me.

dougan78

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2017, 03:09:41 PM »
Here is my controls.conf

Hmm, I cannot reproduce the problem on my computer. I used your controls.conf as uploaded, and the = key works just fine for me. I also tested changing your joypad buttons with my own, and both the = as well as the defined select button work fine for me.
Thanks for checking I will test again maybe I was having one of those days.  Equals is an odd key to use after all..  Thanks again!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk