Author Topic: Sub lists not remaining exclusive to items listed in sub.  (Read 758 times)

procyon

• View Profile
Sub lists not remaining exclusive to items listed in sub.
« on: July 16, 2023, 01:02:31 AM »
I have an Arcade collection with a curated include.txt (as well as an exclude.txt to make sure I didn't include any games that are NSFW).  No path to the roms is provided, I'm relying on my mame.ini to specify where MAME should look for the roms.  Everything works fine.

I have a Capcom and NeoGeo collection, both with their own Arcade.sub files.  Nothing magical here, just a list of every Capcom game and every NeoGeo game that I want sublisted from the Arcade collection.

Whenever I go into Capcom or NeoGeo, every game in the Arcade include.txt shows up.  I don't want this.  I only want to see the games that I have listed in the Arcade.sub files for each collection.  How do I prevent all of the other games from appearing?

Thank you.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
Re: Sub lists not remaining exclusive to items listed in sub.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2023, 09:22:10 AM »
That should be the default behavior. Can you provide me with a log.txt file so I can have a look?

procyon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2023, 04:22:38 PM »
Certainly.  So here, I just started RetroFE, I opened the Arcade collection.  Then I backed out and opened the Capcom collection.  And finally, I backed out and entered the NeoGeo collection.

Since the log is rather long, I figured a pastebin link would be wiser: https://pastebin.com/VU0FGiK9

Thanks very much Pieter.  Please let me know if I can provide any more information.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 04:30:59 PM by procyon »

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2023, 05:14:13 PM »
Looks like I might have caused an issue in an earlier change in this code then when I wanted to filter for included roms when loading an entired .sub into a merged collection. I'll mark it down as something I have to look into; see if I can reproduce the problem, and then fix it.

procyon

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2023, 01:08:54 AM »
OK, thank you Pieter.  One more piece of information that may be useful here:

I took my entire Windows RetroFE set up, and cloned it to an Ubuntu box.  The problem only occurs in Windows and not in Linux.  In Linux, my Capcom and NeoGeo collections appear as expected.  It's only in Windows where I'm seeing every title from the Arcade collections.