Author Topic: Word wrap or ellipsis for text based wheels with long file names  (Read 1426 times)

Jays Arcade

• View Profile
Word wrap or ellipsis for text based wheels with long file names
« on: November 24, 2021, 06:30:22 PM »
Apologies if it has been answered elsewhere but my searches haven't found any answers. Is there a way to use word wrap or maybe an ellipsis on long file names when displaying text in a wheel? I've been working on a jukebox theme for music and videos that will allow a person to drop their music or music videos in a folder and go without the need for extra media to be set up. It will allow a person to set up extra media like wheel logos, but it won't be necessary. The problem I'm running up against is when there are long file names in a text wheel, the text gets cut off. It would be ideal if there was a way to do a word wrap or at least have an ellipsis at the end where the file name is cut off.

Below are some examples of the word ellipsis. Instead of a long file name just cutting off, it ends with dot dot dot. I've seen other frontends use an ellipsis for this sort of thing and was wondering if it is possible to do and if anyone has an example of how to do it.

Amy Grant - Sleigh Ride
Andy Williams - It's The Most Wonderful Time Of...
Bing Crosby - Santa Claus is Coming to Town
Bing Crosby, David Bowie - Peace On Earth, The...

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
Re: Word wrap or ellipsis for text based wheels with long file names
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2021, 07:09:16 PM »
It's currently not a supported feature, but it's one I will consider implementing. The word wrap might not work too well for wheels, but the ... at the end shouldn't be too difficult.

Jays Arcade

• View Profile
Re: Word wrap or ellipsis for text based wheels with long file names
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2021, 08:53:05 PM »
That would be really nice to have the ellipsis for long file names. I can live without the word wrap. I can see how that might cause issues.