Author Topic: Open Citra fullscreen/maximized  (Read 8992 times)

cassette

• View Profile
Open Citra fullscreen/maximized
« on: June 29, 2017, 02:24:45 AM »
Anybody knows a way to do this? I tried making a .lnk to citra.exe with "Start maximized" on the properties, but it won't open it as the launcher.

dustind900

• View Profile
Re: Open Citra fullscreen/maximized
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 01:43:43 PM »
Do you know how to use ahk (autohotkey)?

You could use something like this if so. Just compile the script and set it as the executable
Code: [Select]
#Persistent

RunWait, C:\path\to\Citra\Citra.exe,, Max    ;Obviously you want to put your own path here. The Max arg should start the window maximized.
ExitApp

If there is a key combo to make the emu fullscreen, ahk could do that on launch also. I do not have this emu myself, but if you need more help let me know and I will download it and make a working script. I do recommend you have a look at the autohotkey forums. Autohotkey is an amazing tool when it comes to emulation.

cassette

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 07:49:50 AM »
Ohhh yes I don't know why I didn't think of using AHK. I made one recently to fullscreen Desmume:

#NoTrayIcon
#SingleInstance force
Loop
{
WinWaitActive, DeSmuME 0.9.12 git#1e96e73 x64-JIT SSE2
Send !{Enter}
WinWaitNotActive, DeSmuME 0.9.12 git#1e96e73 x64-JIT SSE2
{}
}

I think I could repurpose this for Citra, but there's no key combo that would make Citra fullscreen sadly. Do you know how I can replace the "Send !{Enter}" line so that it does the "Max" thing?

Thank you very much for the fast response also.

dustind900

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2017, 04:35:58 AM »
Ohhh yes I don't know why I didn't think of using AHK. I made one recently to fullscreen Desmume:

#NoTrayIcon
#SingleInstance force
Loop
{
WinWaitActive, DeSmuME 0.9.12 git#1e96e73 x64-JIT SSE2
Send !{Enter}
WinWaitNotActive, DeSmuME 0.9.12 git#1e96e73 x64-JIT SSE2
{}
}

I think I could repurpose this for Citra, but there's no key combo that would make Citra fullscreen sadly. Do you know how I can replace the "Send !{Enter}" line so that it does the "Max" thing?

Thank you very much for the fast response also.

That's not exactly the best way to go about doing that, but if it works it works...

I just got around to downloading Citra. If you show me a copy of your Launcher (\RetroFE\launchers\Citra.conf) I can write a script for you.

cassette

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2017, 07:03:48 PM »
Don't know what's the proper way to do that code, but it works for Desmume since it just needs to be alt+tabbed. I tried your script but it didn't work for me, probably because of how citra opens a cmd without gui which is automatically closed.

I have this on the .conf file

executable = C:\Program Files (x86)\Citra\citra.exe
arguments = "%ITEM_FILEPATH%"

dustind900

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2017, 07:28:37 PM »
Sorry such a late reply. I can't run Citra on this PC (Crappy integrated Intel Graphics), so it's terribly hard to write a script for it. I can however translate a rocketlauncher module to a basic script that you can use. I do however need to know what executable rocketlauncher uses to launch citra. "citra.exe" or "citra-qt.exe"?

cassette

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2017, 08:56:02 PM »
No problem man, thanks much for all the effort. I don't use RocketLauncher (never really understood what's the purpose of the program) but I'm launching it with citra.exe. Never worked with citra-qt.exe for me (from RetroFE).

ThePreserver

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2017, 07:51:35 AM »
Citra is available as a libretro core. as such, this is my launcher profile:

executable = ..\RetroFE\emulators\retroarch\retroarch.exe
arguments = -L cores/citra_libretro.dll "%ITEM_FILEPATH%" -f

cassette

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2017, 01:08:17 AM »
Yeah I've considered that, but it's not recommended with emulators that update every day (RA has a bad track record with the PPSSPP core too). Definitely I'm hoping in the future I can use RA for Dolphin and Citra though.