Author Topic: Fade to black when entering collection + adaptable title font  (Read 2792 times)

cassette

• View Profile
What I want is that the sole transition when entering a collection from the main menu, is that the screen fades to black. The closest I've gotten involves the logos having a transition animation were they slowly fade out, which I don't want! I haven't themed in a while, so I don't remember why I had to do it like this, I think it was because otherwise the collection logos would appear after entering the collection and so on... so anyway, I want upon selecting the collection, all elements of the menu stay as they are, and then a black image "slowly" covers the screen, and then fades out again so that it shows the games of the collection... it's difficult to explain without seeing my theme so please try it out (it's a mod of a theme someone shared here):
https://mega.nz/#!SJMDiKJY!CE208_ARZFkVO_YGekhBDFKAB7jLeXXwsTodawS33PU

Also, is there any way I can have the title of a game resized to the width of the bar (instead of getting cut out), if there's no logo? Right now it looks like "Klonoa: Door...", but maybe it'd be better if it displayed "Klonoa: Door to Phantomile" on a smaller font (to make it fit). It may look bad for long titles (cause they'd end up with a really small font), but it'd be interesting to test regardless.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 03:11:37 AM by firewater »

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
Re: Fade to black when entering collection + adaptable title font
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2017, 10:20:03 AM »
That link points towards the MAME art set; I don't see a theme there...
If you want the screen to fade to black, you can simply animate all items to fade to black. For menus, you could use the new menuIndex="i" attribute if you want to define a single menu entry. If you want to leave all the other items as is, you could also put a black image on top, and fade that in on menuExit and out on menuEnter, but even then you should still add an animation for the menus to prevent them from remaining visible outside their own scope.

Currently there's no way to downsize text to fit the area; it's a feature I could certainly add in the future.

cassette

• View Profile
Re: Fade to black when entering collection + adaptable title font
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2017, 03:18:29 AM »
Oh my, I think it actually points to our accounts so in your case you see a MAME set you uploaded and in mine it points toward my Mega account. I fixed it now, please try out the theme.

Yeah so I really don't want to animate any of the other elements to fade in/out, rather just a big black image that covers it all to do so. I think I tried doing it like that but as I believe you mention, it didn't work out because the other elements remain visible after menuEnter or they don't reappear when going back (I don't recall which, I think both happened depending on the code). So what I'm asking is a way for them to disappear without an animation, but also after the black image has covered the screen in black, and then (when going back) to reappear the same manner.