Author Topic: Presentation video ?  (Read 35957 times)

dougan78

• View Profile
Re: Presentation video ?
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2017, 10:47:15 AM »
The zip for the pandoras box 16x9 is corrupt on the site fyi

You're right; I've uploaded a new version.
I am not sure why for layouts like this, the system icons(like the console pics) are not included?  I went to do the video and it requires additional stuff to get working.  Imho it should be a matter of swapping your layout name in the settings.conf and bam whole thing looks awesome and uses all the artwork I have in my layout folder.  At any rate I will skip the vid for this one.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2017, 11:56:13 AM »
I am not sure why for layouts like this, the system icons(like the console pics) are not included?  I went to do the video and it requires additional stuff to get working.  Imho it should be a matter of swapping your layout name in the settings.conf and bam whole thing looks awesome and uses all the artwork I have in my layout folder.  At any rate I will skip the vid for this one.

This is an old theme that was updated for 0.7.2+. Back then, device.png was considered available by all users; we even distributed sets to people. I guess I could zip up a set again sometime, and make it available via the download section. :)

dougan78

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2017, 12:09:11 PM »

This is an old theme that was updated for 0.7.2+. Back then, device.png was considered available by all users; we even distributed sets to people. I guess I could zip up a set again sometime, and make it available via the download section. :)
It was cool, I thought it was one of the original ones you posted over at hyperspin like over a year ago. 

ryuuji

• View Profile

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2017, 03:47:06 PM »
I like the text, but the video feels too long to me. I'd reduce it to 2-3m at most, probably by showing only the best looking themes or by showing shorter snippets of the current themes, and keep the text (just packed in shorter intervals).

dougan78

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2017, 09:02:08 PM »
I guess it would be best for 1 person to do the videos so I think shorter will be better as well and something more of along the lines of this:

Theme 1:

Scroll down 3 systems
Enter third system
scroll down a few games
Exit back

Theme 2:
Starts Where Theme 1 was
Scrolls down 3 systems
Enter third system
Scroll down a few games
Exit back

Repeat

We can shorten it up and pick the best ones. doesnt matter to me what themes just let me know which ones and I think I will go with that and have it be 15 seconds a theme.  That will have a flow to it to kind of showcase different systems, different themes, and how everything could look on your setup.  What do you think about that?  Plus it would be a faster pace that would fit in with the music more.

Cheers!

ryuuji

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2017, 12:38:37 AM »
yup sounds good

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2017, 09:14:46 PM »
The zip for the pandoras box 16x9 is corrupt on the site fyi

You're right; I've uploaded a new version.

Try this one: http://www.retrofe.nl/Download/Themes/devices.zip

dougan78

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2017, 07:36:21 PM »
I will have time to tinker with this again on Friday, fyi.  I am still working on it!

dougan78

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2017, 03:41:07 AM »
All right gents here are the themes I want to use and here is what I plan on doing:

Animatic
GLaDOS - 16x9
Pandora's Box 16x9
Pandora's Box HD
RAW
RetroSpin - Static 16x9
Ergo Proxy
Pandora's Box HD G

Maybe Flatio if I can get it working. the blue bars disappear on me.

So Each theme only has so much artwork for so many system so to make it look good I need to lay out many system I have.  Divide that number by the 8 themes.  Then my plan is to record them scrolling through a couple selections select a system.  Spin the wheel fast or menu. then back out.  Then record the next theme where the last one left off and move 3 systems and then go in.  Spin and back out.  etc.  Took me a bit to figure a few things out on my setup to get all these working (longer than expected) and I still need to figure out the order so they make sense and look good as for instance I cant have ergo proxy display Philips VG5000 as it has no artwork for it and will look like crap.  So anyways I should be done this week. I ran into some issues last friday so just wanted to give ya'll an update

Cheers!

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2017, 06:43:37 AM »
You're not showing the Aeon Nox default theme?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2017, 07:07:00 AM »
Question: What artwork do you need?
Tip: Use a favorites list to reduce the number of systems.

dougan78

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2017, 12:02:44 PM »
Woops, How did I forget about Nox?

Aeon Nox
Animatic
GLaDOS - 16x9
Pandora's Box 16x9
Pandora's Box HD
RAW
RetroSpin - Static 16x9
Ergo Proxy

There we will make that one first.  Thanks.

dougan78

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2017, 03:38:43 PM »
Question: What artwork do you need?
Tip: Use a favorites list to reduce the number of systems.

Nothing from you.  I just need to slim my systems down with a favorites list so themes that use device images look full and no missing stuff, like fm towns has no device and a few others, I use personally.  I am moving along nicely now.