Author Topic: Shutdown Option for Linux Retrofe  (Read 3538 times)

Dolemaine

• View Profile
Shutdown Option for Linux Retrofe
« on: May 30, 2017, 01:41:39 AM »
Hello All,

I have Retrofe setup on my arcade machine almost exactly how I want it. However, I am looking for a way to add a option to power down my PC from the frontend. I am running Ubuntu 17.04. I have made an executable (shutdown.su) and i works as expected. Mame is the only emulator I'm running. I have retrofe booting to a main menu with arcade collections. I tried to add shutdown as "collection" with su files as the "roms" but no dice. Please, can someone walk me step by step on how to set a shutdown option? Thanks!

Agent47

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Shutdown Option for Linux Retrofe
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 01:56:29 AM »
All you should have to do is place the shutdown script in the roms directory of your Main collection and make sure the script extension is listed in your Main settings.conf file.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 06:59:30 AM »
Agent47 is correct. The default launchers/Main.conf should launch any script placed in the roms directory of your Main collection, provided it's executable (of course), and the extension (.su? .sh?) is set in the settings.conf of your Main collection (default it supports exe, bat, and sh). You can then add art in the medium_artwork directory of your Main collection to display.

Dolemaine

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2017, 01:16:19 AM »
Thanks for all of your help. I was able to incorporate a working shutdown menu on the main page.  :)