Author Topic: Please help me with non working generic Xbox 360 usb controllers  (Read 15939 times)

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
Re: Please help me with non working generic Xbox 360 usb controllers
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2017, 11:47:15 AM »
But after replacing the old one with this one, I still cannot control anything on the emulator.

I just noticed that unless my controller is active before I start RetroFE, no inputs are registered. Is your controller activated before you start RetroFE?

PinealServo

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2017, 06:47:28 PM »
I discovered recently that SDL2 has a gamepad hotplug system; I think supporting it would just be a matter of listening for the right events and calling some SDL functions in response.  Might be a good thing to add to the feature list.  All my gamepads are Xbox360 Wireless, so I can't reproduce the crashing behavior.

KMetalMind

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2017, 08:30:45 AM »
I just noticed that unless my controller is active before I start RetroFE, no inputs are registered. Is your controller activated before you start RetroFE?

^ I can confirm this happens. But it happens on any application (Xbox360 controllers must be connected BEFORE launching any application to be able to use them on that one).

I discovered recently that SDL2 has a gamepad hotplug system; I think supporting it would just be a matter of listening for the right events and calling some SDL functions in response.  Might be a good thing to add to the feature list.  All my gamepads are Xbox360 Wireless, so I can't reproduce the crashing behavior.

I have a Xbox360 and a XboxOne controller wired all the times without problems... I think I had a Xbox360 wired and a Xbox360 wireless at some time too. But I donĀ“t have others to test the crash  :-\