Author Topic: RetroFE development  (Read 123446 times)

iGarikoitz

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: RetroFE development
« Reply #225 on: April 04, 2021, 07:02:59 AM »
I'm really excited to see that you keep improving RetroFe and adding new features. Thanks a lot Pieter Hulshoff.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #226 on: April 07, 2021, 08:20:27 AM »
The latest version is available on the download page; I hope to update the documentation soon.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #227 on: April 07, 2021, 08:21:53 AM »
Also when pressing tab it seams like there is some invisible menu or a new functionality that does nt work well, can you help me with that?

It's a menu feature that I've been working on that isn't complete yet. The menu button should not have been configured in the controls.conf file in the release, so my apologies for the confusion.

STAiNLESS

• CORE
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 09, 2021, 03:14:38 AM »
I'm really excited to see that you keep improving RetroFe and adding new features. Thanks a lot Pieter Hulshoff.

agreed

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #229 on: April 09, 2021, 05:41:20 PM »
In all honesty: when I helped convince Emb to make RetroFE open source I really expected we would have had more programmers by now. My spare time is really limited, and we could have achieved so much more with a few extra programmers.

iGarikoitz

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #230 on: April 09, 2021, 07:46:37 PM »
I have studies in development of management applications and in various programming languages such as c, c ++, javascript. . I also lack time because of my work (it has nothing to do with computing) but I would be willing to let you show me the insides of RetroFe and how the modifications are made to be able to add more things in the future. All the Layouts that I have created and that I continue to create in private are the result of my passion for the development of graphical interfaces, although I love programming.

STAiNLESS

• CORE
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 11, 2021, 04:50:56 AM »
I wish I could program, then I might annoy you a lot less

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #232 on: April 11, 2021, 07:32:02 AM »
I have studies in development of management applications and in various programming languages such as c, c ++, javascript. . I also lack time because of my work (it has nothing to do with computing) but I would be willing to let you show me the insides of RetroFe and how the modifications are made to be able to add more things in the future. All the Layouts that I have created and that I continue to create in private are the result of my passion for the development of graphical interfaces, although I love programming.

The structure of the code is quite simple actually; have a look on github, and throw me a PM. We can set up a call sometime so I can walk you through it if needs be.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #233 on: April 11, 2021, 07:32:39 AM »
I wish I could program, then I might annoy you a lot less

There's no annoyance involved; just lack of time. :)

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #234 on: May 30, 2021, 10:53:01 AM »
Here's version 0.10.22. If all is right, I've managed to fix the issues with the Windows sensor crash as well as the unloadSDL issues.

RED.DOT

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 15, 2021, 10:21:23 PM »
Nice work on all of this Pieter 8).
Still using 10.0 though as fresh installs of versions 10.21 and up won't launch for me.

Also, would it be possible to launch retrofe on a specific monitor? (retroarch does this for example, select monitor number you want retroarch to launch on)

I've seen some documentation mention "fullscreenx" but it didn't seem to work.
The general rule fullscreen=yes or no, doesn't seem to make a difference either.

I have no problem moving retrofe by using win + shift +arrow, but because the monitor resolutions aren't the same, retrofe won't be full screen, as it doesn't detect the resolution change.
Also no way to alt enter and minimize and maximize it again to fullscreen. So with multiple monitors you either have to keep changing your default monitor around, or have to keep changing resolutions.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2021, 04:10:38 PM by RED.DOT »

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #236 on: August 16, 2021, 12:41:30 AM »
Those are info messages; not error messages.
Try using screenNum0 to set the monitor you want to run RetroFE on, e.g. screenNum0 = 1. It looks like I forgot to add that to the documentation page.

RED.DOT

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 16, 2021, 07:59:44 PM »
Those are info messages; not error messages.

Ah ok gotcha, I thought those msg's were the cause of it not booting lol.

No specific error then but retrofe 10.21+ just doesn't launch for me (win 10)., will start loading like normal but window will disappear from the taskbar within 5 seconds.
Ill try screenNum0, when/if I get one of the newer versions of retrofe to boot, thanks for the reply :)

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #238 on: August 16, 2021, 10:21:32 PM »
Feel free to upload the log.txt file after it crashes; I'll be happy to take a closer look.

RED.DOT

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 17, 2021, 03:22:42 PM »
Log file of fresh 10.21 install.