Author Topic: Reloadable Items inside a container  (Read 516 times)

Sleeps5

• View Profile
Reloadable Items inside a container
« on: November 01, 2023, 06:21:30 AM »
I'm trying to build a layout that uses only what's available in the users medium and system artwork folders.  And I'm using containers to "draw" the layout, but I'm limited to squares and rotation.  I wanted to display a video inside a rotated square container, but have the video left alone, but only visible inside the container.  is this possible?

I tried this, but the code doesn't work.
<container backgroundColor="0000ff" x="center" y="center" angle="45" xOffset="0" yOffset="0" backgroundAlpha=".15" height="200" width="200" layer="3">
<reloadableVideo imageType="screenshot" height="400" width="400" layer="2"/>
</container>

This has it in the correct space, but the video is of course rotated.  I can make the video smaller and the container tags limit the visibility as expected.  But in all instances the video is rotated also.
<reloadableVideo imageType="screenshot" x="center" y="center" xOffset="340" yOffset="-100" height="400" width="400" containerX="1300" containerY="440" angle="45" layer="2"/>
« Last Edit: November 01, 2023, 04:16:30 PM by Sleeps5 »

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
Re: Reloadable Items inside a container
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2023, 08:24:58 PM »
I'm afraid not. RetroFE uses 2D SDL, and so the container code is just a simple view window I implemented. Creating a rotated view window is a lot harder to do. I'll give it some thought though.