Author Topic: How to configure rlauncher on retrofe  (Read 1154 times)

slam1987

• View Profile
How to configure rlauncher on retrofe
« on: February 24, 2023, 06:27:08 PM »
Hi, I actually use coinops distribution with retro fe on my PC, but now I want to move all systems in an arcade cabinet, and I need to use the rocket launcher to play at my emulators cause in retrofe it’s very complicated to configure all the emulators' hotkeys. For example, I need to configure hotkeys which help me to stop the emulation and return to retrofe. But in some emulators like Epsx or retro arch (that I won't use less possible) it’s impossible to do; because I have to use alt+f4.
The problem is that I don’t find any on the internet any tutorial to explain how to set up RL and retro fe. Please Someone can help or share me a tutorial or video that explain all the point for configure all things? I’m in a dead end.
Thanks to those who will answer me

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
Re: How to configure rlauncher on retrofe
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2023, 11:09:34 AM »
There might be some people here that can help you, but I'd also check on the RL forums if I were you. It shouldn't be much harder than setting the right RL launcher for RetroFE, but since I'm a Linux user myself I've never used RL.

Agent47

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2023, 09:00:14 AM »
In your launcher directory create a "RocketLauncher" or whatever .conf file. In that file it should be:

executable = C:\RocketLauncher\RocketLauncher.exe (Path to RL exe)
arguments = -s "%ITEM_COLLECTION_NAME%" -r "%ITEM_NAME%" -p RetroFE -f "PathToRFE.exe"

where "PathToRFE" is an absolute path to the RetroFE,exe
« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 09:01:48 AM by Agent47 »

slam1987

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2023, 08:35:06 PM »
Thank you Agent 47 for your explanation. last night finally I understand the logic beyond retrofe and Rl and I have configured the systems.
In the beginning, I’ve think that Rl had to be found all of my emulators automatically in retrofe with a plug-in.  after I understand that I can configure the RL and,  After create  a launcher path on retrofe. without using the plugin and all worked correctly.

Many thanks.

Agent47

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2023, 07:20:13 AM »
Glad I could help :)