Author Topic: STEAM DECK  (Read 962 times)

Wraithalchemist

• View Profile
STEAM DECK
« on: October 08, 2022, 09:00:20 AM »
Anybody have instruction of how to install this on the steamdeck? ive tried to compile multiple times now and am getting shit on lol. I feel this is a way more widely adopted platform than my last venture with the switch using switchroot. I hate to sound like a dick when i say this but I dont want any have tried this or that. I want results from somebody that knows what they are doing with linux and like using this frontend like i do. Im entertaining the idea of keping around steamOS but frustration is setting in very quickly with its limitations and its getting harder to find a reason to not just make it fully windows. so if you can help id appreciate it. preferably not running in a dock or distrobox. native is what im looking for. Proton launch of the windows exe would be fine but there seems to be a weird issue with launching certain emu's.

cassette

• View Profile
Re: STEAM DECK
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2022, 05:04:50 AM »
I'm gonna guess you've bitten the Windows bullet by now? Otherwise maaaybe my thread about running it on Wine/macOS could help: http://retrofe.nl/SMF/index.php?topic=455.15