Author Topic: retrofe on switch using switchroot (ubuntu)  (Read 1520 times)

Wraithalchemist

• View Profile
retrofe on switch using switchroot (ubuntu)
« on: May 29, 2022, 10:00:06 PM »
So finally got it all compiled a couple of days ago and there are some issues with crashing. no sure if its a video issue or what. dont suppose anyone has installed this on their unpatched switch yet and compiled but any help would be awesome. tried it with TITAN from CORE and with my own layout Killer and while killer doesnt do it as much it does in fact crash out of nowhere. I mean it just locks up. i have to bring up the task manager and kill the process because ending it is not enough.

Wraithalchemist

• View Profile
Re: retrofe on switch using switchroot (ubuntu)
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2022, 09:58:56 PM »
after further testing it looks like it may be gstreamer making it act up. with vids to load i cant make it crash. also when looking at gameboy videos i get the diaganol garbled up video if that helps. just played the video with vlc and it plays great. stock video player does the same thing that retro fe does. can i make retrofe use ffmpeg instead??
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 10:11:23 PM by Wraithalchemist »

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2022, 06:00:09 PM »
Not very easily. You'd have to completely rewrite the video code part of the front-end for that. Luckily it's only one or two files as far as I recall, but it's still quite a bit of work unless you're familiar with the ffmpeg library (I'm not). Are all the needed gstreamer codec plugin libraries installed?

Wraithalchemist

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2022, 02:30:58 AM »
Any way i can have one of the older sources from you? 10.20 ish maybe?

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2022, 04:52:09 PM »
I don't keep particular source code releases, but if it's still on github you can get it from there. I switched from bitbucket to github at some point in the past, and I'm not sure at what version that was. I cannot get my older sources from bitbucket anymore, unfortunately.