General Category > General Discussion & Help

Latin characters in font

(1/2) > >>

johnnydement:
Hi,

I'm attempting to do a localized frontend in my language for my kids, but none of the tilde characters appear (à, é, í,...)

How could I fix that?

Thanks!

Pieter Hulshoff:
I'm afraid that cannot be fixed unless I manage to figure out how to support UTF-8 within the code. It's still on my todo list, but that list is longer than I have spare time. If anyone else wants to have a look: be my guest.

johnnydement:

--- Quote from: Pieter Hulshoff on March 03, 2022, 09:25:50 PM ---I'm afraid that cannot be fixed unless I manage to figure out how to support UTF-8 within the code. It's still on my to-do list, but that list is longer than I have spare time. If anyone else wants to have a look: be my guest.

--- End quote ---

Agh!
I love how fast retrofe is, but language is still a big handicap for my kids  :-\

If there's any way non coders can help, let me know! Just saw this issue is coming from quite a far, maybe someone may have a clue over Stack Overflow or similar?

Thanks for all your efforts anyway!

Agent47:

--- Quote ---If there's any way non coders can help, let me know!
--- End quote ---

There's not.

Pieter Hulshoff:
It's a rather big code change I'm afraid. Not only does it require me to replace the name variables from strings to something that supports UTF-8, but it also requires me to change the entire text printing code, which currently only supports default ASCII characters. I'll get to it sooner or later, I'm sure, but it's not on top of my priority list at the moment. RetroFE was made F/OSS exactly so others could help code, but so far it appears to be a one man job (two if you count the original programmer Emb).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version