Author Topic: splash.xml  (Read 3027 times)

Robsonmeg48

• View Profile
splash.xml
« on: November 06, 2021, 10:29:53 AM »
anyone help me with a splash.xml file
this currently opens to a welcome screen where u have to press enter to get to the next screen which is the settings menu then u have to press enter again to get to the main layout i would like to know if its possible to edit it to launch straight to the main layout screen instead

i have attached a video showing the current splash file in action  and also the current xml file its self

« Last Edit: November 06, 2021, 10:45:35 AM by Robsonmeg48 »

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
Re: splash.xml
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2021, 11:09:57 AM »
That second screen is not part of your splash; it's the main menu, with your fruit machines being the second tier of your menu. Just add
startCollectionEnter = yes
to your global settings.conf file, and it should automatically enter your fruit machines collection when you start.

Robsonmeg48

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2021, 12:06:20 PM »
Cheers for that.
That's worked OK I don't have to press enter now it does it itself. 

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2021, 03:11:56 PM »
You could always make it faster and smoother by reducing the animation time for the menuEnter/Exit to 0 to make it instant.
Alternatively, if you don't need the settings, just turn layout.xml into a 1 dimensional theme (remove the main menu), and boot straight into your jukebox collection.

Robsonmeg48

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2021, 07:46:21 PM »
That's what i am aiming for don't need the settings screen just want it to launch straight to the menu with my machines on it.

Robsonmeg48

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2021, 11:22:10 AM »
You could always make it faster and smoother by reducing the animation time for the menuEnter/Exit to 0 to make it instant.
Alternatively, if you don't need the settings, just turn layout.xml into a 1 dimensional theme (remove the main menu), and boot straight into your jukebox collection.

how would i do this as i don't need the settings screen at all many thanks for your help.
i have attached the layout.xml

i did what you first said to change the animation times (i think i did it correct in the splash.xml file which i have also attached a updated version) yes, still learning lol) but it did not make much difference.       
« Last Edit: November 07, 2021, 11:25:56 AM by Robsonmeg48 »

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2021, 11:47:20 AM »
RetroFE always synchronizes everything on the longest duration of any animation type. A quick grep of your layout.xml gave me:

<onEnter><set duration="0.01"><animate type="y" to="0"/></set><set duration="1"><animate type="y" to="-2320"/></set></onEnter>
<onEnter><set duration="1.4"><animate type="xoffset" from="-40" to="0"/></set></onEnter>
<onEnter><set duration="1"><animate type="volume" to="0.5"/></set></onEnter>
<onEnter><set duration="2"><animate type="xoffset" from="-40" to="0"/></set></onEnter>
So your enter animation (between splash and the main menu) will take 2 seconds.

<onMenuEnter  menuIndex="0"><set duration="0.001"><animate type="alpha" to="1"/></set></onMenuEnter>
<onMenuEnter menuIndex="1"><set duration="0.001"><animate type="x" to="-1700"/></set><set duration="0.001"><animate type="alpha" to="0"/></set></onMenuEnter>
<onMenuEnter menuIndex="1"><set duration="0.001"><animate type="x" to="-700"/></set><set duration="0.001"><animate type="alpha" to="0"/></set></onMenuEnter>
<onMenuEnter menuIndex="1"><set duration="0.2"><animate type="alpha" to="0"/></set></onMenuEnter>
<onMenuEnter menuIndex="1"><set duration="0.3"><animate type="alpha" to="0"/></set></onMenuEnter>
<onMenuEnter><set duration="0.001"><animate type="alpha" to="0"/></set></onMenuEnter>
So entering the fruit machines will take 0.3 seconds.

<onMenuExit menuIndex="0"><set duration="0.001"><animate type="alpha" to="0"/></set></onMenuExit>
<onMenuExit menuIndex="1"><set duration="0.001"><animate type="alpha" to="0"/></set></onMenuExit>
<onMenuExit  menuIndex="1"><set duration="0.001"><animate type="alpha" to="1"/></set></onMenuExit>
<onMenuExit menuIndex="1"><set duration="0.001"><animate type="alpha" to="1"/></set></onMenuExit>
<onMenuExit  menuIndex="1"><set duration="0.001"><animate type="x" to="-1700"/></set><set duration="0.001"><animate type="alpha" to="0.7"/></set></onMenuExit>
<onMenuExit  menuIndex="1"><set duration="0.001"><animate type="x" to="-700"/></set><set duration="0.001"><animate type="alpha" to="0.4"/></set></onMenuExit>
<onMenuExit><set duration="0.001"><animate type="alpha" to="0"/></set></onMenuExit>
Exiting the menu should go pretty quickly, so you've already got that covered.

Robsonmeg48

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2021, 10:18:50 AM »

i have tried to do this but with what little knowledge i have not got it right i really don't need the settings so would u please point me in the correct direction to get this to a 1 dimensional theme. i have attached the lasted layout.xml
cheers rob
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 10:05:11 AM by Robsonmeg48 »

Robsonmeg48

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2021, 11:07:06 AM »

Pieter Hulshoff I have been trying and messing this up every time would appreciate it if u could help me out as I did not write this it came with a purchase I made and really don't want the settings screen or splash screen. If u need and other of  the files I have to sort this out then please just ask I will send attcah them here cheers Rob
« Last Edit: November 14, 2021, 11:46:43 AM by Robsonmeg48 »

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2021, 12:02:48 PM »
My spare time's a bit limited I'm afraid, but if you can send me a small bootable subset of your current setup I should be able to fix this for you. It's rather difficult to do it based solely on the layout.xml, because I'd have no way to test whether what I did was correct. Just send me a PM with a link, and I'll download and provide you with a fixed layout.xml file.

Basically what I need is your current setup with a single menu item; I can take it from there.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2021, 01:04:38 PM »
See if this works for you, after changing
firstCollection = Pub Fruit Machines Official
in your global settings.conf file

It may not be perfect, but it may help you along your way.
As always: make a backup of files before you change/replace them.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2021, 01:06:17 PM by Pieter Hulshoff »

Robsonmeg48

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2021, 07:58:49 AM »
Thats great thank you works a treat i
Will donation soon as I get my new travel card in a few days as I just learnt that it is expired when I tried to donate to u. And again thanks for the help  (ps and I will donate as I beleave in helping devs who helps they followers)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 02:35:01 PM by Robsonmeg48 »