Author Topic: RetroFE Crashing  (Read 2092 times)

xboxiso

• View Profile
RetroFE Crashing
« on: October 02, 2021, 12:28:08 AM »
RetroFE has been crashing quite often lately while I search through systems or games to play. I have about 33 collections added. I am using the default theme and have made no modifications to RetroFE other than adding my collections. I will attach a copy of my latest log. Does anyone have an idea why this is happening or what I can do to fix this? Thanks in advance for your help.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
Re: RetroFE Crashing
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2021, 05:46:47 PM »
I've heard this from other people as well, and it only appears to  be a Windows issue. So far I've been unable to determine whether this is an issue with the multiple monitor code or the update to the latest SDL and gstreamer libraries under Windows. Considering my Linux build has been very stable, I'm fearing it may be the latter. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of debug options under Windows. It might be related to specific videos that cause the crash; if anyone can consistently cause it to happen using specific steps, then please let me know and send me a small test set so I can try to reproduce the issue and figure out what might be causing it.

xboxiso

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2021, 03:51:15 AM »
The crash happens consistently when I enter a game collection, say NES and scroll left or right through the games one at a time allowing the video to play for each game prior to moving to the next one. It takes a bit, but after moving through 50 or so games, RetroFE crashes. I experience this as I'm going through a collection for a system and pressing I on the keyboard to add certain games to favorites as well. Same issue, scrolling through games. But again, it only happens after I've gone through about 50 or so games. Sometimes, it happens immediately after RetroFE loads, but this is not as common.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2021, 06:30:39 AM »
Is it a specific set of videofiles that causes this perhaps?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

xboxiso

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2021, 03:09:58 AM »
I don't think so as it happens with all systems. This became an issue as I added many collections. I didn't notice this happening when I only had a few collections added, say less than 10. I have 36 now...

jonny555

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2021, 12:23:19 AM »
It will be videos shrink them with a video site or you might have to encode them or you can get them from bu minis and most have been redone.