Author Topic: Mirror Video  (Read 1825 times)

thatgammon

• View Profile
Mirror Video
« on: March 28, 2021, 05:05:48 PM »
Bit of a long shot this one...

Anyway can you flip a reloadable video horizontally? I want to mirror the video directly underneath the original.. Angle is 180 but obviously needs to be flipped...

If not, is there a way i can flip the video manually and then implement that from a folder ' reflections '... ?

reloadable so video is rom name, so if there is no command to flip, i would need to know how to direct to reflections folder please.. Tryed usual methods so sorry if this obvious...

I have both videos working currently...

Thanks in advance .. :)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2021, 05:12:27 PM by thatgammon »

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
Re: Mirror Video
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 09:30:14 PM »
Might the reflection parameters be with you’re looking for?

http://www.retrofe.nl/wiki/doku.php?id=layouts#general_parameters

thatgammon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2021, 08:57:36 AM »
Ah that easy!!! Sorry I do study the manual before daring to post here... I did look at that and try to implement but maybe I got the syntax wrong so decided it must be for text and images only.. Many thanks.....

I was trying to have a 2nd line of code just for the reflection.... Great have figured it out....

The thing is I would like the reflection on a diff layer to the original though... Im my brain the only way to achieve this is have a 2nd video positioned off screen on the layer I want then reflect that to where I want it. Would that be the way to go??

Also if you dont mind can I ask two quick questions ( I dont mind reposting if neccesary) :

Is there a way you can create a random number so i can take that number and turn that in to seconds and create an event based on that number.... An image or animation will occur after random elapsed time?

Also is there a way to pause retrofe with a key press?

Many thanks Pieter, apologies for newbie questions.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2021, 09:31:38 PM »
Due to the way RetroFE handled elements on screen, reflections are on the same layer as the original. If you want it to be on a different layer, just use two instances, one without reflection on one layer, and one with reflection on the other. Should that provide an echo on the sound, just turn the volume to 0 for one of them.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2021, 09:32:17 PM »
As for your other two question: no, unfortunately RetroFE does not support that (yet).

thatgammon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2021, 03:42:39 AM »
Ok no worries....

Much appreciated sir, am enjoying learning this...  :)