Author Topic: [RetroFE Windows] Splitting collections/emulators in different drives/partitions  (Read 1797 times)

brodostar2

• View Profile
Hi,

I spent some time reading through the official documentation and on the forum, but I couldn't find if RetroFE supports splitting the collections/emulators on different drives.
Given hard drive size limitations, I'd like to achieve the following:
- Have RetroFE core run on C drive
- Split collections and emulators across different drives, for example: collection 1, 2, and 3 located in drive F:, and collection 4 and 5 in drive G:
- Same thing for the emulators, either split them (in the same drive as the corresponding collection), or have all emulators in their own drive H:

This modular configuration would also be helpful for applications where the PC/emulation machine is portable, and additional collections could be loaded if the corresponding drive is plugged (I'm thinking situations where I bring my SFFPC to a friend without taking with me external drives; in this case only certain collections present in the internal drive would load).

If this is already supported by RetroFE, could you advise on the recommended way of implementing this? (maybe by setting certain environment path variables and splitting the directory tree in a specific way..).

Thanks for your help!

Agent47

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
You specify the emulator executable path in the launcher file so that can be anywhere. Likewise, you can specify the location of roms and any media in the settings.conf file for each collection so they can be anywhere as well.