Author Topic: Can someone possibly fix this broken layout (Chicken Coop 16x9)?  (Read 4713 times)

psibash

• View Profile
I'm kinda late to the party but here goes.

I found this layout/theme in the old retrofe forum (http://www.retrofe.com/forum/index.php?topic=299.0) but it appears to have some broken stuff in it. Maybe it's because it was made for an older version of RetroFE. I tested this layout with a fresh retrofe "install" just to make sure it was not my copy that was causing the problem. Here are the bugs I noticed:

• When selecting a console, the main menu at the bottom is still visible. The top left console logo initially appears but then disappear.
  • When going back from a console game list to the main menu, the right side wheel is still visible.

Maybe it's an easy fix, maybe it's not. If someone get this layout to work properly, it would be SO AWESOME! Please? :)

Floyd

• View Profile
Re: Can someone possibly fix this broken layout (Chicken Coop 16x9)?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 04:33:34 PM »
Did you try to contact/PM the original author to update the theme?

psibash

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 04:45:12 PM »
Worth a try I suppose. Did not think of it since the post was over a year old.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 04:53:31 PM »
It's not a difficult fix; I'll try to free up some time to do it soon.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

psibash

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 08:23:37 PM »
That would be super awesome! It's the missing piece to my build!  ;D

hundergrn07

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 01:09:39 AM »
hey psibash,

Ill be honest, I thought Chicken Coop died with the old forums. I haven't touched it since shortly after I posted it (was waiting for the php? implementation then lost track of it all).

If I remember right, when writing it, RetroFE had some bugs with aligning elements after animations and certain elements had to be aligned using center and the opposing side of the screen. In doing so, I might of borked it for use on screen resolutions other than 1920x1080. No clue if those bugs ever got fixed... I'll have to update to the current version and see whats breaking and possibly fix it. Unless Peiter Hulshoff fixes it first, if so please post the fixes lol.

edit: oh yeah... that's definitely broken.. now to find out where the documentation ran off to.

edit #2: Well that was quite simple to fix after getting over the fact I somehow managed to make it and figure out how it worked again. Attached a fixed copy and will post in themes after this. Let me know in the themes post if there are any issues that pop up or if I uploaded the old ver.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 06:15:01 AM by hundergrn07 »