Author Topic: Art  (Read 47793 times)

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
Re: Art
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2017, 08:47:58 PM »
Added nearly 80 bezels by UDb23 from the RetroPie forums.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2017, 10:37:22 AM »
Bezels updated with the latest work from Krakerman and Derek Moore.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2017, 11:16:38 AM »
MAME art set on MEGA and EmuMovies updated to 0.188 with MAME EXTRAs and VideoSnaps.

procyon

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2017, 03:31:30 PM »
Hello!  I recently switched to RetroFE, and I absolutely love it.  I am now focused on making it my primary and sole front-end.  The art packs on EmuMovies have been invaluable, but I was hoping you were planning on adding more?  I have some requests, and some questions.  The art packs that I would most like to see added are: Atari Jaguar, Atari Lynx, Bandai WonderSwan, Bandai WonderSwan Color, Magnavox Odessey2, Mattel Intellivision, Nintendo 64, Nintendo Famicom Disk System, Nintendo Game Boy Advance, SNK Neo Geo Pocket, and SNK Neo Geo Pocket Color.  If you have those readily available and can add them to the FTP, that would be awesome.  If not, could you post a complete set of instructions for what it takes to make those kinds of collection packs?  The documentation in the wiki only really scratches the surface, and I can tell you put a lot more work into them than what the wiki explains.

What is the best way to generate include.txt files for large roms sets like a No-Intro set?  I noticed that the Atari 2600 collection on the FTP does not include an include.txt file.  Was that intentional?  If it wasn't, could you please add one?  If it was, could you please explain how best to go about generating one?

Thanks very much for your help, and all of your hard work.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2017, 04:57:26 PM »
I actually have several of those, but they are either:
- incomplete
- not using MAME as an emulator (I've tried to provide the sets complete with emulator setup)
I may add them in the future, but I've been a tad busy lately. :)

Most of these sets are based on the HyperSpin XML files. Basically what I've done in the past is
- Grab the HyperSpin XML from the HyperSpin website
- Grab the HyperSpin art (wheels, boxes, carts, etc.) from the HyperSpin website
- Grab the EmuMovies art (videos, screenshots, etc.) from the EmuMovies FTP site
- Grab the corresponding games
- Grab a device image from https://commons.m.wikimedia.org/wiki/User:Evan-Amos
- Add the story files, if available
Set complete. It can be quite a bit of work though, as you can imagine. I do know however that the truRIP group is working on gathering complete sets for distribution, so that might be worth the wait as well.

RetroFE doesn't need include.txt files; by default it generates the list from the rom files if the extension has been properly set in the collection's settings.conf. I just added them to (most of; apparently I forgot some) the EmuMovies sets so people can see what it looks like even without having the roms. You could simply remove the include.txt files from those sets, and it would just show the available roms in stead.

procyon

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2017, 02:41:03 AM »
Cool, thanks very much for the info.  I tried taking a stab at setting one up from scratch, but that lead to more questions.
  • Is there any reason why you suggest getting some files from the HyperSpin website and some from EMFTP, as opposed to just getting everything from EMFTP?
  • The device images from Evan-Amos's page are great, but they're jpgs, and RetroFE only seems to support png?  Do you convert them with GiMP or something? Or is there another source with pngs?
  • The story files are the only ones I'm not very familiar with, is there a good source for those?
  • What about the info.conf file, do you just generate those by hand?
  • When you say the truRIP group is working on gathering "complete sets," what do you mean by that?  Complete collection folders for RetroFE?  Or something else?

Thanks again very much for your help.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2017, 07:39:45 AM »
Cool, thanks very much for the info.  I tried taking a stab at setting one up from scratch, but that lead to more questions.
  • Is there any reason why you suggest getting some files from the HyperSpin website and some from EMFTP, as opposed to just getting everything from EMFTP?
  • The device images from Evan-Amos's page are great, but they're jpgs, and RetroFE only seems to support png?  Do you convert them with GiMP or something? Or is there another source with pngs?
  • The story files are the only ones I'm not very familiar with, is there a good source for those?
  • What about the info.conf file, do you just generate those by hand?
  • When you say the truRIP group is working on gathering "complete sets," what do you mean by that?  Complete collection folders for RetroFE?  Or something else?

Thanks again very much for your help.

1. EM doesn't have the wheels, and some of the boxart is not up to the quality they have at HS.
2. RetroFE supports jpg as well, but EA's page also contains the pngs. Make sure you select the images with transparency.
3. Not really; I pulled them from all sorts of places, and converted them to text files. That's also why I'm missing so many stories of the sets you asked for.
4. Yes, with a little help from Wikipedia.
5. Yes, complete collection folders for RetroFE. They've uploaded some work to PD already, but for the most part it's still work in progress.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #37 on: November 05, 2017, 08:15:10 AM »
Files updated to MAME 0.191.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2017, 01:33:08 PM »
Over 100 new bezels by Krakerman added.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2018, 03:41:35 PM »
Files updated to MAME 0.193, including an upcoming feature for MAME that allows loading default bezels when no machine specific bezel is available.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2018, 12:02:57 AM »
Files updated to MAME 0.194. Very little has changed in the art department though.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2018, 08:28:33 PM »
Files updated to MAME 0.195. Again, very little has changed in the art department though.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2018, 09:01:26 PM »
Files updated to MAME 0.198. So little changes these days that I'm going to put this on hold for a while, and skip a few more versions.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2018, 08:13:58 PM »
I've updated the files to MAME 0.200, and zipped them up like the files on EmuMovies. I'm going to leave it at 0.200 for a while so I can concentrate on RetroFE features.

juscelino89

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2019, 12:57:29 AM »
I'll upload my launchers here tomorrow.

I also need to add the CPS I-III, Cave and SNK Neo-Geo MVS sub collections to EmuMovies.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk