Author Topic: Yaba Sanshiro(saturn emulation) doesnt load roms  (Read 3006 times)

R1cci

• View Profile
Yaba Sanshiro(saturn emulation) doesnt load roms
« on: August 27, 2020, 12:36:43 PM »
Hello i am in love with this emulator, as its cappable of running most of significant Saturn games at 1080p at solid 60 fps

but i have not been able to make load with retroFE...

i have tryed to use the same args as PS1 emulators, but it doesn't load no matter what i do...

As far i know, it seems Yaba Sanshiro is sort of a Yabause paralel development, the emulator have same UI but some other features
as HD support and i assume any Yabause instructions or args will work as well.

So have anyone managed to make this emulator or Yabause to load with retroFE? please tell me how.

Thank you

johnm

• View Profile
Re: Yaba Sanshiro(saturn emulation) doesnt load roms
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2020, 08:17:34 PM »

I could not get yaba sanshiro to launch full screen through retrofe even with a -f command. Kronos is a branch of yabause and it launches fine using the same arguments, just go into the settings and hide the menubar

executable = emulators\kronos\kronos.exe
arguments = -a -i "%ITEM_FILEPATH%"

here's a list of commands

"-a",  "--autostart", NULL,       "Automatically start emulation."                                             
        "-b",  "--bios=", "<BIOS>",       "Choose a bios file."                             
        "-c",  "--cdrom=", "<CDROM>",     "Choose the cdrom device.",                         
        "-f",  "--fullscreen",      "Start the emulator in fullscreen."                                           
        "-i",  "--iso=", "<ISO>",         "Choose a dump file."                               
        "-nb", "--no-bios"        "Use the emulated bios"                           
        "-ns", "--no-sound"       "Turns sound off." 

R1cci

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2020, 11:26:05 PM »
The fullscreen is not an issue, the issue is that i cannot load the roms from retroFE

if anyone can at least tell me how to load the roms using yaba sanshiro using retroFE that would be apreciated, thank you

here's the arguments i tried before and failed

executable = E:\Emulators\yabasanshiro-3.1.3-0d0ba6\yabasanshiro.exe
arguments = -a -i -loadstate "%ITEM_FILEPATH%

AGAIN, what arguments should i use so this thing loads the roms who are mainly in image files that use .cue's?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2020, 11:28:21 PM by R1cci »

johnm

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2020, 01:13:44 AM »

I got it to load using the same arguments, kronos is a branch or yabuase just as yabasanshiro is. Are you trying to load a savepoint with loadstate?

Does it work ok with your files starting the emulator itself.

R1cci

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2020, 01:36:43 AM »
now it works, funny enough i had previously similar setup but it would launch fullscreen or even a rom

now it works fullscreen as well as i have an option to go automatically fullscreen when the roms are loaded.

Yaba Sanshiro is for me currently the best saturn emulator, its starting to have a very large compatible list, runs stable at 1080p 60 fps
i made yesterday a video where i show around 30 tittles for saturn being played at HD, not only the upscaled geometry but also pixels smoothed up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a3kpIR8znw&t=2299s