Author Topic: Animatic  (Read 24414 times)

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
Re: Animatic
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2017, 08:59:05 AM »
I've made a small change before adding it to the theme download page: the favorites icon in the main menu was blocking quite a bit of the selected menu item, so I moved it to the same location used in the collection's menu.

Floyd

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2017, 12:42:05 AM »
I've found Cid's MAME videos, but where can I find the main menu ones?

Sorry, I was away for the whole week and missed this post.
For the MAME platform video you can find some of here: http://emumovies.com/files/category/1658-mame/ (Look for Platform videos 4:3). The one I used on my preview video I've recorded Hyperspin media theme myself. If you want that video specific I can upload it somewhere on the web ;)

dougan78

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2017, 07:44:21 PM »
I have an issue with this theme and using sub menus.  I was looking to do a Arcade classics wheel item with a submenu of several items and when you do that it works kind of.  When you get to the games in a sub menu item and back out to the sub menu or all the way to the main menu it hangs onto the logo/wheel from the last game viewed.  It displays the wheel/logo over the top of the existing wheels.  How do I stop that?

Thanks

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2017, 07:22:27 AM »
I have an issue with this theme and using sub menus.  I was looking to do a Arcade classics wheel item with a submenu of several items and when you do that it works kind of.  When you get to the games in a sub menu item and back out to the sub menu or all the way to the main menu it hangs onto the logo/wheel from the last game viewed.  It displays the wheel/logo over the top of the existing wheels.  How do I stop that?

The theme is based on a 2 layer menu structure. If you want to have a 3rd layer in only one of your menus, the question is: what do you want the 2nd layer of that 3 layer menu to look like?
- If it should look like the other 2nd layers, simply add a 3rd menu in the layout.xml
- If it should look like the 1st layer, simply copy the layout.xml to layouts/<layout name>/collections/<collection name>/layout/

dougan78

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2017, 12:05:38 PM »

The theme is based on a 2 layer menu structure. If you want to have a 3rd layer in only one of your menus, the question is: what do you want the 2nd layer of that 3 layer menu to look like?
- If it should look like the other 2nd layers, simply add a 3rd menu in the layout.xml
- If it should look like the 1st layer, simply copy the layout.xml to layouts/<layout name>/collections/<collection name>/layout/

I think the theme only has one layout.xml and that may be the problem? It does the same thing. It like doubles up the wheel images.

JonahUK

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2017, 12:18:57 PM »
Copy the existing layout.xml to the new submenu: \layouts\themename\collections\submenuname\layout\layout.xml
Edit <onMenuEnter menuIndex="0"> to <onMenuEnter menuIndex="1"> or whatever it is, increase by 1.

I haven't looked at this theme but the issue you are having is generally down to the menuIndex.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 12:23:24 PM by JonahUK »

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2017, 12:24:16 PM »
No, the problem is that it does not properly make a third menu layer invisible when exiting the menu. Most of the current themes don't do that actually.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

dougan78

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2017, 01:02:36 PM »
No, the problem is that it does not properly make a third menu layer invisible when exiting the menu. Most of the current themes don't do that actually.

How do I accomplish that?  Would like to add that to my theme as well so would be helpful as I am sure mine does the same thing.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 01:32:05 PM by dougan78 »

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2017, 11:37:20 AM »

How do I accomplish that?  Would like to add that to my theme as well so would be helpful as I am sure mine does the same thing.

RetroFE takes the first menu entry for menu index 0, the second for menu index 1, etc.

Take the layout.xml for this theme for instance:
- Under comment menuIndex 0, it defines a menu that fades out when exiting menuIndex="0", and fades in when entering menuIndex="0"
- Under comment menuIndex 1, it defines a menu that fades out when exiting menuIndex="1", and fades in when entering menuIndex="1"

You could simply add another menu entry below that that fades out when exiting menuIndex="2", and fades in when entering menuIndex="2".

dougan78

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2017, 11:53:16 AM »

RetroFE takes the first menu entry for menu index 0, the second for menu index 1, etc.

Take the layout.xml for this theme for instance:
- Under comment menuIndex 0, it defines a menu that fades out when exiting menuIndex="0", and fades in when entering menuIndex="0"
- Under comment menuIndex 1, it defines a menu that fades out when exiting menuIndex="1", and fades in when entering menuIndex="1"

You could simply add another menu entry below that that fades out when exiting menuIndex="2", and fades in when entering menuIndex="2".
Interesting, I will play with it.  What is the max menu index value?

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2017, 11:57:53 AM »
As far as I know there is none.

dougan78

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2017, 12:06:19 PM »
well I am sure it some computational max very high number.  I was just curious.  Anyway that was too easy of a fix.  Thanks, so you  can just put like 10 of those menu index things in there and theme would support 10 levels deep.  2 or 3 deep should suffice for most purposes.  Thanks for that.  Additionally how does that impact the playlist feature?  does that need to be at a menu index lower than the the menu or can you have a playlist at  each menu level and you are better off having that in there per menu index level as well?

Sorry for the noobish questions

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2017, 02:36:40 PM »
Playlists are directly linked to a collection, so what ever level a collection is instantiated is also where your playlists reside.

A Sega Genesis collection could be at index 1 (Main - Sega Genesis) or index 2 (Main - Consoles - Sega Genesis) etc. It just depends on how you structure your collections.

bsell1

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2017, 07:37:46 PM »
I noticed that if you do not have a logo for a game, no text appears to replace it.  On other themes if you don't have the logo, it just lists the game name.  Any chance that can be added?  If I don't have a logo, I am not sure what game is going on if I am also missing the video.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2017, 07:40:08 PM »
Text replacement is generally only activated for menus; not for individual images. I'm not even sure if RetroFE supports it at the moment to be honest; I'd have to check.