Author Topic: RetroFE 0.10.0  (Read 10963 times)

johnm

• View Profile
Re: RetroFE 0.10.0
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2020, 10:16:42 PM »

I have another old core duo with linuxmint 18 on it, been stuck in the garage for a couple of years but have no need of anything fancy if all it was going to do was run the front end.
The win7 was a tut i could follow to to make it read only thus make it perfect for a cab as it could shut down safely but still not sure what i want to run on it..

Ta again

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2020, 10:22:49 PM »
Ok, uploaded a new zip file to the Download page; the exe has been replaced with a shortcut again. It's less hassle than convincing people there's nothing harmful in an exe I didn't create myself. :)

Lowspecs

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2020, 02:22:40 PM »
It's been a while since we had an official release, so I've put 0.10.0 on the download page. You can find the list of changes here.

Some highlights:
- Support for new key types, such as next/prevCyclePlaylist, playlistUp/Down/Left/Right, and collectionUp/Down/Left/Right.
- Proper theme scaling.
- Attract mode switches for playlists, collections, and animations.
- fps and fpsIdle parameters to improve performance on older systems.
- Support for automatically generated lastplayed playlist.
- Built in reboot option, usable by the launcher for e.g. script based theme switching.
- Improved GPU performance.
- Several bugs fixed, including zero delay encoder problems.
- Code cleanup.

I hope to update the documentation later this week so people know how to properly use the new features. :) It's mostly up to date; just missing the last few updates.

Hello, i can't find in the wiki documention on the built in reboot option ? Is the documentation was implemented for this feature ? i need to use it but can't find how on the wiki.
Thank you !

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2020, 02:32:26 PM »
Looks like I didn’t add that to the documentation yet. Just add reboot = true to your launcher file.

Lowspecs

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2020, 06:54:31 PM »

There's a RetroFE.exe in root that shows this when opened in hexedit
C:\Users\Eric\Documents\CFW_Launcher_VS2015_RunTime_NoWait_TrayRefresh\Forgotten_Worlds\Release\Forgotten_Worlds.pdb

Do you know what this file does apart from replacing the shortcut?

It's a bat converted to exe. It should try to start joy2key and then RetroFE, but if joy2key is not present it will simply skip that. The shortcut never managed to make the icon stick, so I figured this might be a better option.

Thanks for your answer.
This function "try to start joy2key and then RetroFE, but if joy2key is not present it will simply skip that." is availlable ? How to achieve that ? i can't figure how to start Joy2Key automatically with RetroFE. The Built-in shortcut don't run Joytokey and can't fin any *.bat in the download section. Thanks in advance for the help.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 07:04:21 PM by Lowspecs »

Lowspecs

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2020, 06:03:00 PM »
The reboot seems to bug : When i use this function it seems that retrofe don't reboot but launch an other session (there is multi RetroFe session when i use this function).
Is there a command line or option to close RetroFE and reboot ?
I test reboot function 6 times and i had 6 sessions opens.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2020, 07:30:35 PM »
The reboot seems to bug : When i use this function it seems that retrofe don't reboot but launch an other session (there is multi RetroFe session when i use this function).
Is there a command line or option to close RetroFE and reboot ?
I test reboot function 6 times and i had 6 sessions opens.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

It's not so much that it opens another session in that it doesn't properly close the SDL window so the Windows background doesn't show. I may add something to kill those windows at a later time, but it shouldn't take up any real resources.