Author Topic: Dumb Newbie Question  (Read 1966 times)

The SPY

• View Profile
Dumb Newbie Question
« on: May 07, 2020, 07:10:21 AM »
Hi All,

I'm new to RetroFE and just trying to get my head around editing the layout.xml files etc. So sorry if this is a dumb question

I've got some menus up and running and am using the "Aeon Nox" layout files. And have figured out how to define images etc, But not the Video ? IE on the front page you have a split video using video_overlay.png. But it plays the same video in both the large box and the smaller one to the left.  But how does it know to play system_artwork/video.pm4 in these 2 boxes ? And can I get it to play a different video in each box.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
Re: Dumb Newbie Question
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 02:02:51 PM »
RetroFE currently supports two types of video:
<reloadableVideo>, which are the two instances you see in the Aeon Nox theme. They change depending on the menu selection.
<video>, which is a "background" video, and is e.g. visible during the start-up sequence (splash.xml). It's a fixed video that continues to play regardless of your menu selection. It's used as a background video in the PS3 like theme and as overlay video in the latest CoinOPS release.

It is currently not possible to play two different videos that both depend on the menu selection.

File selection is just a matter of going down the list for RetroFE. You can find an explanation of the different locations here:
http://www.retrofe.nl/wiki/doku.php?id=layouts#mode_attribute