Author Topic: macOS  (Read 6557 times)

cassette

• View Profile
Re: macOS
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2021, 05:33:14 AM »
Any news on this? I've tried again with the same results. Compiles after adding the -std=c++11 flags mentioned early in the thread, warns a couple of times in the process, and crashes when I open RetroFE just at the end of the intro video (which renders black without image, but with sound).

Full log from the terminal: https://controlc.com/ac95bf9e
Crash log: https://controlc.com/3fb77a3d

Beside the warnings, I notice the core folder is empty besides OpenSans.ttf.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2021, 11:27:06 AM »
The empty core directory is normal in Linux and MacOS. I'm afraid I don't have a Mac though, so there's no possible way for me to test this.

cassette

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2021, 04:35:25 AM »
If you ever find the time, you could run a virtual machine with High Sierra and try things out. It's quite simple, I got it running following a YouTube guide on the first attempt and I didn't even know what a VM was before I started. I understand it's not a priority, but as a goal I think it'd be pretty nice for RetroFE to support all the OS.

cassette

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2021, 05:08:00 AM »
I made some progress. RetroFE runs very well on wine. Everything works, except launching games. I can't figure out how to launch a native app and tell it to open a file. The closest I've gotten is opening RetroArch with wine cmd and:

Code: [Select]
cmd /c start Z:/Applications/RetroArch.app/Contents/MacOS/RetroArch --verbose
That's just from the terminal. I can't yet create a launcher that opens RetroArch.

I'd make a separate thread, but only mac users would care to use wine I think.

edit: got it working! Has some issues, but it launches. For anyone who wants it, try something like this as a launcher for RetroArch mGBA:

Code: [Select]
executable = c:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe
arguments = cmd /c start Z:/Applications/RetroArch.app/Contents/MacOS/RetroArch --verbose -L "/Applications/RetroArch.app/Contents/Resources/cores/mgba_libretro.dylib" "/Volumes/Games/Console/Game Boy Advance/%ITEM_NAME%/%ITEM_FILENAME%"
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 05:25:59 AM by firewater »