Author Topic: OpenBOR HELP  (Read 2207 times)

juscelino89

• View Profile
OpenBOR HELP
« on: May 13, 2020, 02:07:01 AM »
hello guys, someone already created openbor collection could you help ?.
to run the system i'm using launcher
executable = emulators \ OpenBOR \ GAMES \ cmd.exe
arguments = / C "% ITEM_FILEPATH%"

that perfectly opens the .bat file that I created to call the game, the problem and when leaving the game the retrofe does not return to the foreground do I have to press tab to return to the retrofe any help?

dustind900

• View Profile
Re: OpenBOR HELP
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 02:52:33 AM »
The trouble is RetroFE sees the bat (cmd.exe) as the "game". And the command /C is telling cmd.exe to execute the file and close. So upon the bat finishing execution RetroFE tries to regain focus, but im guessing OpenBor is fullscreen so RetroFE never actually takes focus. Now when you exit OpenBor RetroFE doesnt realize it needs to activate.

Try one of the included executables.  Source is included
Place the ob_launcher.exe or ob_launcher2.exe in the same path as cmd.exe (emulators \ OpenBOR \ GAMES)
your launcher should look like this
Code: [Select]
executable = emulators\OpenBOR\GAMES\ob_launcher.exe
arguments = "%ITEM_FILEPATH%"

Alternatively, you can use my PC/Steam launcher to get OpenBor working as well. Just set it up like a regular PC game.
http://retrofe.nl/SMF/index.php?topic=263.0
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 03:01:46 AM by dustind900 »

juscelino89

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 03:27:01 PM »
The trouble is RetroFE sees the bat (cmd.exe) as the "game". And the command /C is telling cmd.exe to execute the file and close. So upon the bat finishing execution RetroFE tries to regain focus, but im guessing OpenBor is fullscreen so RetroFE never actually takes focus. Now when you exit OpenBor RetroFE doesnt realize it needs to activate.

Place the ob_launcher.exe or ob_launcher2.exe in the same path as cmd.exe (emulators \ OpenBOR \ GAMES)

Alternatively, you can use my PC/Steam launcher to get OpenBor working as well. Just set it up like a regular PC game.

OK thank you i will try that way

juscelino89

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2020, 02:36:45 AM »

OK thank you i will try that way

thank you very much it worked perfectly as you said, hugs from BR