Author Topic: Interface Problem  (Read 15104 times)

Charly_2005

• View Profile
Interface Problem
« on: January 28, 2020, 02:57:19 PM »
Hello again. It turns out that I have an arcade machine with two controllers like as the attached picture.

With the games there is no problem, but with the interface I have the problem that everything is moving automatically after a joystick or button press.

For example: I scroll through the list of games and at one point a press makes it continue moving in that direction, being the only way to stop pressing that direction again.

With the buttons that change the letter the same thing happens, one press and have to press again to stop the automatic movement.

It does not always happen but it is annoying.

I have tried to modify the configuration files without success.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 02:59:39 PM by Charly_2005 »

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
Re: Interface Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 07:44:41 AM »
I've heard before that there are some issues with the zero delay controllers, such that the SDL library (which RetroFE uses) doesn't always register the release of a button. I'm still looking into this problem to see if I can somehow fix it from within the program.

Charly_2005

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 01:45:01 PM »
Thanks for your help.

Do you know if another encoder works?

For my part I can contribute that no button works correctly, the joystick quite well although sometimes it fails and that once pressed a button the joystick goes crazy. The only way to release the pulse is to press the same address or button again.

PD: In controls.conf second line of text (down) one parameter says joyAxis5+ and another says deadzone, but the documentation does not appear.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 01:49:33 PM by Charly_2005 »

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 04:13:16 PM »
I forgot to add deadzone in the documentation; it allows for a controller deadzone to be defined for analog sticks; I'm not sure if the zero delay controller uses those. I've asked a question on the CoinOPS discord channel to see if anyone ever got this working on their zero delay controller setup. I'll let you know if I get a reply.

I'm using the ipac2 board myself; no issues so far.

Charly_2005

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2020, 01:33:15 PM »
Ok. Is the parameter joyAxis5+ correct? Or it should be joyAxis2+.

I expect a response from the community although I would not mind buying the ipac2.  I'm probably better than my encoder.

johnm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2020, 02:44:41 PM »

Paste the line below into a text document and save it, rename the extension to .bat and run it. This will open up your game controller settings, click properties and note down what your joystick registers as and the buttons. You can then make your own controls.conf to what suits you
When copying the button numbers in windows you drop it by 1 in the controls.conf, example button 1 in the windows  control panel you change to joy0Button0 for RetroFE

rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL joy.cpl

Charly_2005

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2020, 08:56:23 AM »
Thanks for the answer but I have no problems with my controls, I have that well and it works correctly in the games. The problem I have is that the interface goes crazy and as Pieter said, it has to do with the release of the keystrokes.

The other question was to know if joyAxis5 exists, since nothing appears in the official documentation and it appears in my controls.conf (CoinOPS).

johnm

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2020, 01:09:14 PM »
The instructions i gave was for the front end, the controls for the game are set up in the emulators.
Some of those settings you will see in the controls.conf are to do with the likes of the xbox360/one controller and will have no relevance to you if you dont have your encoder wired up as such, hence why i recommended making a new controls.conf set up to how you wanted. You could choose your next playlist or whatever based on your buttons and not someone elses

joyAxis5+ and joyAxis2+ are for the shoulder triggers on an xbox controller, the + being because they are analog( i assume)

Charly_2005

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2020, 04:33:11 PM »
Maybe I should configure XINPUT, JOY2KEY or XPADDER for the interface?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 08:13:15 PM by Charly_2005 »

batodan1911

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2020, 07:43:48 AM »
i have the same problom its make me crazy

Charly_2005

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2020, 05:55:44 PM »
For now the only recognized solution is to buy the ipac2 encoder.

But there has to be some way to be able to pass the controls as if it were an xbox controller and modify controls.conf
« Last Edit: February 03, 2020, 06:48:21 PM by Charly_2005 »

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2020, 10:01:27 PM »
I'm getting a controller based on a zero delay soon, so I'll have a look to see if I can reproduce the issue, and solve it.

Charly_2005

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2020, 03:24:05 PM »
Thanks. Would you please tell me if there are differences with the ipac2 encoder.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2020, 08:20:55 AM »
The Ipac 2 controller simply works. What the differences are w.r.t. the zero delay, I cannot say, since I've never used one.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Charly_2005

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2020, 09:30:36 AM »
I'm getting a controller based on a zero delay soon, so I'll have a look to see if I can reproduce the issue, and solve it.

He said when you get it. I would like to know if there is a delay or other difference. I don't mind investing in an ipac2.