Author Topic: Display Marquee Artwork on Second Display  (Read 4313 times)

DamnedOne

• View Profile
Display Marquee Artwork on Second Display
« on: January 12, 2020, 11:10:23 PM »
Hi folks,

I have just started using CoinOps for PC. It looks like this is all based on RetroFE.

Does RetroFW support a way to display marquee artwork on a second display/monitor at all?

Thank you.

Trevor.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
Re: Display Marquee Artwork on Second Display
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2020, 05:42:38 PM »
RetroFE does not at the moment, but the individual emulators like MAME should support it. You can certainly use the feature in-game if you want.

DamnedOne

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2020, 09:55:57 PM »
RetroFE does not at the moment, but the individual emulators like MAME should support it. You can certainly use the feature in-game if you want.

Hey Pieter, thank you for the reply, much appreciated. I can stop looking for that as a solution for now :)

I have tried the MAME settings, and they are simply not working for me either. Plus I would like to do this for other emulators (M2 mainly). I will have to keep trying with MAME.

Just in case there is someone else here with MAME Marquees working, that may be able to shed some light on my issue ...

I am aware that you need to set MAME.INI for two screens and the two views (for CoinOps I have used "Bezel" and "Marquee" for the views in the .INI), also the .LAY files with the element for the marquee .PNG file and a "Marquee" view set (tried with and without screen index set). The Bezel shows fine, just no marquee (all .PNG files are in the emulators\mame\artwork\machine name folder). This is on Windows 10 (1909). The monitors are a 1080p 16:9 for the main display and a 14.9inch LTA149B780F 1280x390 for the marquee (had to set a custom res with scaling in the Intel control panel to obtain the correct aspect ratio as it defaults to 1280x720). The monitors both work fine in Windows, so assuming that is all good. I also tried MAME Hooker, but this too failed for me. I had to jump through a number of hoops to get it working on Windows 10 (additional OCXs, running as admin), but got it all working (I think). It doesn't generate a log file for diags though, so I gather something is still not right. I've attached images of the mame.ini and default.lay files I have setup.

Thanks again,

Trevor.

DamnedOne

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2020, 11:47:37 PM »
Just an update if anyone else is having issues with second monitors / marquees. After some more investigation into MAME, I found that it cannot create a D3D device for the Second Display. Setting Video to OpenGL works, but shaders are missing in CoinOps.

wizzards581

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2022, 07:40:56 AM »
Has this been applied to retrofe by now?  I would like to use a 2nd monitor to display the game marquee with multiple different emulators.