Author Topic: Remember location  (Read 1908 times)

nitro322

• View Profile
Remember location
« on: January 05, 2020, 09:52:29 PM »
I'm having one other issue with RetroFE, but I'm not sure if it's a bug or my own misunderstanding.  I have rememberMenu = true, which I think should make it remember and default to the last selected or launched game the next time RetrFE is launched.  However, it doesn't do that.  Every time I open RetroFE, it defaults to the first system listed in Main/menu.txt (which, unfortunately, has rather irritating preview audio) and, even when navigating to the previously used system, it defaults to the first listed game alphabetically.

Ie., if I last played and had selected the Genesis version of Aladding before closing RetroFE, I'd expect it to default to selecting the Genesis system the next time I launch RetroFE, then default to Aladdin after entering the Genesis menu.  Instead, it defaults to 3DO (first in menu.txt), and after opening Genesis it defaults to 240p Test Suite (first alphabetical).

Can someone help me understand what's *supposed* to happen here?

Agent47

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Remember location
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 10:19:42 PM »
I just did a quick check on one of my test setups running v0.9.0 and the rememberMenu setting is working as intended.

If you're using a different version it's possibly a bug or something could be wrong with your configuration. Posting a log would be a good idea.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 11:24:44 PM »
This option is only intended to remember the collection locations while you're inside RetroFE; it does not save that location and reload it upon exit. I've been asked about that feature though, so it's on the todo list.

nitro322

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2020, 05:13:18 AM »
Ahh, got it.  So yeah, navigating between different menus, it does remember the last game selected.  It would be nice if it remembered that between sessions, though (including which console was last picked).  I'll second the request for that new feature.  :-)

Thank you both.  Appreciate the feedback.