Author Topic: Audio issue with preview videos  (Read 1921 times)

nitro322

• View Profile
Audio issue with preview videos
« on: January 05, 2020, 09:59:04 AM »
Hello.  After upgrading to RetroFE 0.9.0, I'm having some trouble with video previews for games.  The videos play, but the audio is distorted and staticy.  This doesn't appear to be a problem with the system videos on the main menu, just for the game videos in each system menu.

As mentioned, I didn't (and still don't) have this problem with the previous version I'm upgrading from, 0.8.14.  I'm using the Aeon Nox layout with both.  What's really interesting is that if I copy layout.xml from 0.8.14 and copy overwrite layout.xml for 0.9.0, the videos play fine with no audio distortion.

Any ideas on what might be causing this, or how I can troubleshoot further?

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
Re: Audio issue with preview videos
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2020, 11:36:01 AM »
Hello.  After upgrading to RetroFE 0.9.0, I'm having some trouble with video previews for games.  The videos play, but the audio is distorted and staticy.  This doesn't appear to be a problem with the system videos on the main menu, just for the game videos in each system menu.

As mentioned, I didn't (and still don't) have this problem with the previous version I'm upgrading from, 0.8.14.  I'm using the Aeon Nox layout with both.  What's really interesting is that if I copy layout.xml from 0.8.14 and copy overwrite layout.xml for 0.9.0, the videos play fine with no audio distortion.

Any ideas on what might be causing this, or how I can troubleshoot further?

It’s caused by the volume animation in the layout. Apparently there’s an issue with dual videos with volume animation on some sound cards. I haven’t been able to figure our exactly how to fix it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nitro322

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2020, 09:45:59 PM »
Since it's very replicable on my system, is there anything I can do to assist with troubleshooting?  I'm not a developer, but I have no problem testing out anything you'd like, gathering logs, providing feedback, etc.

In the meantime, I've deleted all '<animate type="volume"' lines in layout.xml.  That "fixed" it for me for now.  Thanks for the heads up.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2020, 11:25:43 PM »
I'll give your offer some though; if I can't figure it out I'll ask you to run some more tests.