Author Topic: Can someone make a blank theme template for me?  (Read 2714 times)

dustind900

• View Profile
Can someone make a blank theme template for me?
« on: November 11, 2019, 01:36:42 AM »
I know mostly how to do themes but I am having trouble with menus. More precisely multiple menus. Something like CoinOPS Forgotten Worlds just not as extravagant. All I am requesting is a blank theme with the menus pre programmed (maybe some placeholder images).

(Systems) -> (System Sub Menu) -> (Games)

Systems: Large Image Scrolling Horizontal Menu (like EmulationStation default) - selection image shrinks and goes to top left
System Sub Menu: Small Image Horizontal Menu - bottom of screen
Games: Vertical Text List - located under selected system image

I would like to have the sub menu visible with the games list. Switching left or right on the sub menu would change the game list depending on the category selected. Not sure if this is even possible, CoinOPS does it but I don't know how. I'm sure eventually I'll figure it out I just don't have a lot of free time between work and other projects. If someone can and is willing to help me out I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
Re: Can someone make a blank theme template for me?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 02:49:39 PM »
CoinOPS is using a newly built feature I haven't fully tested and released yet: collectionUp/Down keys. It acts exactly like pressing back, next/previous collection, enter, with the possibility of scrolling through multiple collections before letting go of the key. It works quite well with SSDs, but entering collection takes a bit of time with an (external) HDD, so not everyone may like it.

The easiest way is probably to grab the default Aeon Nox layout.xml or a CoinOPS layout.xml file, and work from there. I presume you've read the manual in this regard?

What should be understood (and perhaps better explained in the manual) is that when you enter a layout file, the menuIndex is set to 0. For every collection you enter, menuIndex is increased, and for every collection you exit menuIndex is decreased. All menu definitions and animations use this menuIndex. If a menu doesn't have a menuIndex parameter, it simply takes the previous menuIndex, and increases it by 1. By using the menuIndex as part of the animation parameters, you can make each menu animate however you want depending on the menuIndex it's at. If for instance you want the main menu to remain visible as you scroll through the games, simply don't fade it out as you leave menuIndex 0.