Author Topic: Audit log report  (Read 6754 times)

bodbod

• View Profile
    • Don't be a sheep, Do It Yourself !
Audit log report
« on: January 08, 2017, 03:37:48 PM »
Hi,

As an interesting feature, I believe having an audit log report giving you the following details would be useful :

- game summary (per collection : missing, extras (not recognized))
- artwork summary (per collection as well, details of the mising ones and not recognized items)

it's maybe in the next release knowing you guys :) but better to mention it !

retrofe.exe -auditG / -auditA

Thanks !

The SPY

• View Profile
Re: Audit log report
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2020, 10:02:01 PM »
Did this feature ever get implemented, This is something I'd really find handy right now

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2020, 08:24:45 PM »
Sorry, but no. Not yet.

The SPY

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2020, 09:12:05 AM »
ok, all good, know you're hard at work.  Just wondering how to get the actual rom name displayed on a layout. but I can't see a this as a text parameter in the documentation. I know the system must know what it is, as it passes it as a parameter to the launcher etc. but can't find what "tag" I should be using to get it to display.  This would help me with some manual debugging, rather than having to go back to the log file every change etc

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2020, 11:02:48 PM »
There's no tag to display the rom name in a layout at the moment. You can display the title, which equals the rom name unless it's overwritten by the meta xml description information tag. I could add it if you feel it's really helpful; shouldn't be too much work.

The SPY

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2020, 06:27:45 AM »
OK, so that's where that information is coming from. I'm just trying to tidy up my roms and sometimes I'm finding that it's really hard to actually tell the name of the rom that its going to open. At the moment if I'm unsure I open the rom then quit retroFE and the check the log file, which is a very slow process, if I could display the actual rom name the process would be much quicker, but I would only need to do this occasionally.  So not worth your time to update the code to add this feature

So that now brings me to my next question, When and how is the Meta.db created ? it doesn't appear to have been updated in my build since I did the original install. So it's not reading in any changes that I make to the xml files in the meta folder ?  Do I have to force an update somehow ?

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2020, 07:19:17 AM »
It should auto update whenever your RetroFE executable or an xml file is updated. It does that check based on file time stamps. You can always force a rebuild by deleting the meta.db file of course.

The SPY

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2020, 09:50:27 AM »
when I delete the file and reopen , RetroFE won't launch to past the opening movie. I get this error in the the log file
[2020-05-16 17:09:06] [ERROR] [Metadata] Unable to create Metadata table. Error: database is locked
[2020-05-16 17:09:06] [ERROR] [RetroFE] Could not initialize meta database
[2020-05-16 17:09:06] [INFO] [Layout] Initialized
[2020-05-16 17:09:12] [INFO] [SDL] DeInitializing
[2020-05-16 17:09:13] [INFO] [RetroFE] Exiting

It creates a new meta.db file but it is zero bytes in size ?

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2020, 09:56:53 AM »
Sounds to me like you have an error in your meta xml files, causing RetroFE to fail creating the meta.db file. Can you upload the entire log.txt file?

The SPY

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2020, 10:16:40 AM »
here is my log file. Could this be a linux permissions issues ? I see it has an number of import errors in the log file

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2020, 03:36:51 PM »
This doesn’t show the xml import. Can you delete the meta.db file again, run RetroFE again, and send me that log.txt file?

The SPY

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2020, 11:49:53 PM »
ok, deleted meta.db and log file, so a nice fresh log file. but I don't think it's even trying to load the xml files. It errors out saying the db is locked

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2020, 07:07:04 AM »
Ok, that is odd... Can you move the meta xml files temporarily, delete the meta.db, and see if that allows you to start it again? If that works, add the xml files in a few at a time to find the culprit. If it doesn’t work, perhaps I’ll need to take a closer look at your entire setup.

The SPY

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2020, 09:03:17 PM »
I tried that, still no luck still has the error DB locked, But I have moved the app from being on my NAS to being on the local HD and mapped the "data" folders only to the NAS and it now works as expected and the meta.db file can be deleted and it rebuilds its self from the XML files etc on startup.

So it's some weird permissions issue with having the meta.db file on the NAS rather than the local drive. It's odd that RetroFE can create the file and write to the log file correctly on the NAS, but it can't open the for write access the Meta.db file

hiorik

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2020, 12:13:10 AM »
So it's some weird permissions issue with having the meta.db file on the NAS rather than the local drive. It's odd that RetroFE can create the file and write to the log file correctly on the NAS, but it can't open the for write access the Meta.db file

For me, that has more to do with permissions within the NAS than a bug in RetroFE.