Author Topic: RetroFE 0.9 not respecting list.menuSort?  (Read 2927 times)

procyon

• View Profile
RetroFE 0.9 not respecting list.menuSort?
« on: June 25, 2019, 10:24:30 PM »
Since upgrading from 0.8, I'm having trouble with certain collections getting alphabetized when I don't want them to be.  I have gone to the settings.conf of the collection in question, and set list.menuSort to false, but it still appears alphabetized as opposed to the order dictated by the .sub file.  Ironically, my Main collection is NOT sorted alphabetically (which is what I want), but as I test, I tried setting list.menuSort to true to see if it made any difference, and it did not.

Help?  Thanks.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
Re: RetroFE 0.9 not respecting list.menuSort?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 10:06:56 PM »
There have been some changes in that part of the code, so I'll run some additional tests to see if I can reproduce your problems, and if so: fix them.

procyon

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 02:28:43 PM »
Thanks very much, it is appreciated!

procyon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2019, 01:35:30 AM »
So I did some more experimenting.  Thinking it was a 0.9 problem, I donwloaded 0.8.18 to see if that fixes the issue.  In fact it did not.  It was only when I went back to what I was originally using, 0.8.13, that the behavior corrected itself.  So the problem seems to have been introduced between 0.8.13 and 0.8.18.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2019, 01:13:44 PM »
My apologies that this has been waiting for so long. I was looking into fixing this this week, and I was wondering if you could provide me with some more information.
This is about the alphabetical sorting of menu and .sub based lists? Does the problem also pop up for rom based lists?

procyon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2020, 02:42:43 AM »
Hey Peter, sorry, I hadn't realized that you responded to this.  I think Im still on an old 0.8 build, I'll upgrade to 0.9 shortly and let you know what I find.  Thanks.