Author Topic: RetroFE 0.9.0  (Read 5577 times)

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
RetroFE 0.9.0
« on: May 26, 2019, 02:34:22 PM »
It's been a while since we had an official release, so I've put 0.9.0 on the download page. You can find the list of changes here.

Some highlights:
- Support for menu directory as alternative for the menu.txt file. This makes it much easier to create unzip and play game packs easier.
- Support for exclude_all.txt to allow games to be removed from the auto generated "all" playlist.
- Support for volume as animated type to allow fade-in/fade-out of video sound.
- Support for attractModeNextTime as attract mode setting. This allows for an initial time to start, and a consequent activation of the random selection.
- Support for playlist attract mode switching.
- Support for last played playlist via the lastplayedSize configuration setting.
- Support * for playlists to include an entire collection as playlist in stead of having to add each game individually.
- Support minScrollTime for menu tags to separate the scrolling acceleration from the minimum scrolling delay.
- Replaced autoFavorites with firstPlaylist parameter to allow for free first playlist selection.
- Several bugs fixed.
- Code cleanup.

I hope to update the documentation later this week so people know how to properly use the new features. :)

iGarikoitz

• View Profile
    • YouTube
Re: RetroFE 0.9.0
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2019, 09:55:25 AM »
Pieter Hulshoff can you please compile the lastest commits for to test some new features of RetroFe?

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2019, 04:15:26 PM »
You mean for Windows? Sure, here's the latest version I'm testing at the moment.

iGarikoitz

• View Profile
    • YouTube
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2019, 05:45:15 PM »
Thanks, as always Pieter Hulshoff  ;)

I'm testing and I found some mistakes because of the commit: 8b9bb5f "Changed screenscaling so it scales the entire screen rather than individual objects. This is needed to prevent incorrect scaling between objects with a fixed width/height and aspect scaled items."

My screen resolution is 2560x1440

Case 1: Using a resolution 1920x1080 in the file "layout.xml" and fullscreen = no in the file "settings.conf"
  • Everything scales perfect except what I have limited using the containerWidth and containerHeight parameters
Case 2: Using a resolution 1920x1080 in the file "layout.xml" and fullscreen = yes in the file "settings.conf"
  • There are many errors in the scaling of objects and they even move from where you defined with x and y.

* I keep trying things, if I find something else I tell you.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 06:14:42 PM by iGarikoitz »

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2019, 11:21:40 PM »
Can you upload some screenshots to show me what the issues are? I'll see if I can reproduce the issues on my side. Also, what is the resolution in your settings.conf file?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 11:30:00 PM by Pieter Hulshoff »