Author Topic: Display number of games in collection  (Read 2584 times)

cassette

• View Profile
Display number of games in collection
« on: December 18, 2018, 06:28:48 PM »
I'm looking for a way to display the number of games on a given collection in the main menu.  Is there a function that can do this? Closest I could find was:

<reloadableText type="collectionSize" alpha="1" x="890" y="610" font="fonts/Helvetica-Bold.ttf" fontSize="36" loadFontSize="36" fontColor="FFFFFF" layer="2" menuIndex="0" xOrigin="left">

but it refers to the number of entries on the playlist, so it only displays the amount of games once you enter the collection.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
Re: Display number of games in collection
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2018, 11:56:09 PM »
Since RetroFE loads collections on demand, that’s not a viable option at the moment.

cassette

• View Profile
Re: Display number of games in collection
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2018, 06:59:41 AM »
Oh well that's alright then. I will then do it with the following code:

<reloadableScrollingText type="size" mode="layout" alpha="1" x="870" y="610" xOrigin="right" font="fonts/Helvetica-Bold.ttf" loadFontSize="36" fontSize="36" fontColor="FFFFFF" layer="2" scrollingSpeed="0"></reloadableScrollingText> 

You have to put it manually on a size.txt file under collections/<collection>/system_artwork/, but it's not that much of a hassle to update, and you can be more precise (not count one 4-discs game as 4 different games)