Author Topic: Sega CD, Launcher Not configured...?  (Read 3874 times)

KushielAOC

• View Profile
Sega CD, Launcher Not configured...?
« on: June 02, 2018, 05:16:47 AM »
Hi Peter, I say that knowing full well you're going to end up helping me out once again.

I know you don't do RetroArch but it supports more games and I've been working on expanding my roster... Working on Sega CD right now.

Here's my Launcher pad under launchers.windows (Had to go back to Windows to play Ps2 games.. :( )

executable = C:\Users\Sephiroth\RetroArch\retroarch.exe
arguments = -L "C:\Users\Sephiroth\RetroArch\cores\genesis_plus_gx_libretro.dll" "%ITEM_FILEPATH%"

And then my settings.conf file in Collections\Sega CD\

# Uncomment and edit the following line to use a different ROM path.
#list.path = %BASE_ITEM_PATH%\%ITEM_COLLECTION_NAME%\roms
list.includeMissingItems = false
list.extensions = zip, .bin
list.menuSort = yes

launcher = Sega CD
#metadata.type = MAME

#media.screenshot      = %BASE_MEDIA_PATH%\%ITEM_COLLECTION_NAME%\medium_artwork\screenshot
#media.screentitle     = %BASE_MEDIA_PATH%\%ITEM_COLLECTION_NAME%\medium_artwork\screentitle
#media.artwork_back    = %BASE_MEDIA_PATH%\%ITEM_COLLECTION_NAME%\medium_artwork\artwork_back
#media.artwork_front   = %BASE_MEDIA_PATH%\%ITEM_COLLECTION_NAME%\medium_artwork\artwork_front
#media.logo            = %BASE_MEDIA_PATH%\%ITEM_COLLECTION_NAME%\medium_artwork\logo
#media.medium_back     = %BASE_MEDIA_PATH%\%ITEM_COLLECTION_NAME%\medium_artwork\medium_back
#media.medium_front    = %BASE_MEDIA_PATH%\%ITEM_COLLECTION_NAME%\medium_artwork\medium_front
#media.screenshot      = %BASE_MEDIA_PATH%\%ITEM_COLLECTION_NAME%\medium_artwork\screenshot
#media.screentitle     = %BASE_MEDIA_PATH%\%ITEM_COLLECTION_NAME%\medium_artwork\screentitle
#media.video           = %BASE_MEDIA_PATH%\%ITEM_COLLECTION_NAME%\medium_artwork\video
#media.system_artwork  = %BASE_MEDIA_PATH%\%ITEM_COLLECTION_NAME%\system_artwork

I've changed the name, checked spelling, I've set up about 7 other systems I haven't had an issue until Sega CD.  I can however launch via CMD With C:\Users\Sephiroth\Downloads\RetroArch\retroarch.exe -L "C:\Users\Sephiroth\Downloads\RetroArch\cores\genesis_plus_gx_libretro.dll" "R:\RetroFE\collections\Sega CD\roms\Adventures of Batman & Robin, The (USA).bin"

Of course, log files are attached as well. I've been battling this kind of off and on for a week and figured it was time for you to tell me how obvious the fix is.

Agent47

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Sega CD, Launcher Not configured...?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2018, 06:46:39 AM »
It looks to me like you might have listed the games in the Sega CD/menu.txt meaning that each game is a subcollection instead of doing an include list. The log shows it's finding a Sega CD menu and then it's looking for a 3 Ninjas launcher and looking for a 3 Ninjas/roms directory.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2018, 07:48:58 AM »
I would agree with Agent47: it looks like you defined your games in a menu.txt file in stead of via the roms directory and/or an include.txt file.

KushielAOC

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2018, 01:46:27 PM »
I have done that, but I've done that for all of my other folders and haven't had any issue with it... I've done that because it's not automatically picking up the files (in any folder) for me despite what I change the file association for. I'd like to get around that but haven't found out how to fix it. Is there a way to make the menu point to where it is supposed to go? Or how can I fix what I have obviously been doing wrong?

Agent47

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2018, 04:59:11 PM »
I'm somewhat confused on what you're asking but to have it scan rom directories:

-Delete the Sega CD/menu.txt
-Uncomment the list.path line in the Sega CD/settings.conf by removing the pound (#) and set it to what your rom path is
-Set list.extensions (no '.' needed in the extensions)

johnm

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2018, 05:29:04 PM »

I dont know if it helps but i just created a sega cd collection, made a Sega CD launcher with Retroarch as the emu and arguments = retroarch -L "cores\genesis_plus_gx_libretro.dll" "%ITEM_FILEPATH%", i dropped the 3 ninjas kick back zip into my designated roms folder and it showed up and booted. I never use the include list as i got stung a couple of times where i had my roms folder name wrong and the rom i grabbed had a slightly different region name (U) instead of (usa) or something like that. This way whatever file with the extension you use in the settings will show up.

KushielAOC

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2018, 12:23:14 AM »
As with all things... It had nothing to do with the above but all of my ROMS had a (DW****) Number after them that I just blatantly didn't notice... Had a feeling it was my error that caused this issue... I did learn how to get scanning working, though. I am glad for that.