Author Topic: Let's Build  (Read 4756 times)

Sequence

• View Profile
Let's Build
« on: May 23, 2018, 03:29:22 AM »
There should be way more themes out there for download. I can build themes. What I can't, others can. Let's go!!  8)

KushielAOC

• View Profile
Re: Let's Build
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 12:25:56 AM »
I'd love a Theme maker... I can understand XML, and I kind of get it... and can edit what's out there... but an actual Theme builder would make this a much better reality because people like me could just play with it and throw together some cool stuff.

If so I would try and find a way to convert this over but leave the screen size near Animatic...

https://youtu.be/6skqBiKk6rA

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2018, 08:14:00 AM »
I'd love a theme maker too, but it's not really my cup of tea to build one, and I lack the time to do it as well. The theme you showed looks easy enough to build though, provided it comes with all the art they show.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

billyc666

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2018, 08:35:22 PM »
why not have a snippets section, have a basic blank theme and then snippets of code with an image of what it does, should be pretty easy for people to follow. themes i've built in the past i've used the same principal

Agent47

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2018, 06:36:24 AM »
The layout section in the documentation part of the site has example snippets of the different types of layout items and also has links to the Aeon Nox (I think) layout xml which has comments for each section/item in the layout.

Sequence

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2018, 10:32:58 AM »
A while back I made a theme called Core. It was full of snippets where different themes could be made just by inserting piece code. It was all copy and paste. Didn't seem to gain any ground so I left it alone. I've seen that comic book theme and it's really Emulation Station but art heavy. Aside from "times played" it looks pretty doable. Just need the theme to steal the artwork and find the fonts used.

Really, shouldn't be too hard. Just need to create Emulation Station base theme first. I've got a copy around here somewhere. I'll play with the idea and get back with some results.

Top of my head, menu 0 is simply the white rectangle in the middle with a horizontal scroll. I'd use a 2x2 white pixel and set the size for the rectangle. The rectangle would have the alpha set somewhere around ".7". The background looks like it is two levels underneath the rectangle and it alphas to "0" on menu scroll. A layer above that you have the control instructions on the bottom left. The "games available" pop down can't be done to my understanding.

Menu 1 = Logo on top right, Logo2 on top left. List on left middle with the selected item using a different color. Blah blah you get the point. Somebody throw me the art and I'll put something together.

As for a theme builder app, the world isn't ready for such a useful tool. :)

artman999999

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2018, 09:09:33 PM »
The RetroFE layout language makes a lot more sense than some others, and is pretty straightforward.  I just did a complete overhaul of the Aeon layout because I didn't like any of the asset sizes and there really wasn't much to it.

JonahUK

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2018, 01:47:35 AM »
Somebody throw me the art and I'll put something together.

https://github.com/TMNTturtleguy

4x3 and 16x9 all there. Good Luck :)