Author Topic: Shaders/BGFX  (Read 2844 times)

KushielAOC

• View Profile
Shaders/BGFX
« on: March 19, 2018, 11:58:59 AM »
I'm a -huge- fan of CRT shaders because well... all our favorite games look awful on 4k TVs and honestly I'd die a happy man if I never had to carry around another CRT Television in my life. I love that I can get this effect without the need of the actual TV.

I've actually contemplated going through and making a SQ Movie of all of the games I have with shaders enabled but then realized that I change my shaders depending on the TV I am using and it would look quite a bit off if I slipped in a different TV.

First, would it even be possible to port Shaders from Mame/Retroarch/whatever else you guys use? I personally use Mame, Retroarch, and Demul(Not a fan but it's all there is).

I absolutely love this front end simply because I do what I want when I want with it, and once you kind of understand the logic behind it... it's logical (Looking at you Hyperspin)

I did a forum search and didn't find anything with bgfx/shaders but if I missed it please point me in the right direction. If there's some backwards way of implementing it let me know - and if you have some general grunt work you'd like me to do I'm not a coder but I kind of get computers and can learn.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
Re: Shaders/BGFX
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 01:00:14 PM »
I assume that you mean to use shaders to display front-end elements. That's currently not support, and not high on my priority list either. I simply know too little about them to easily add them, but would love for someone with more experience in filters and shaders to add them.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

KushielAOC

• View Profile
Re: Shaders/BGFX
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2018, 01:22:23 PM »
Yes, that is correct. In games is easy, because it's supported in both MAME and RetroArch.

If we do find anyone who knows anything I'd be more than willing to help with this type of support. For me, I'm kind of getting everything where I want in in RetroFE and this is one of those bucket list things for me.

If I get some time later I might see if I can poke around some other forums and find someone who has an idea about this kind of stuff.