Author Topic: XMB theme edit (I need some help)  (Read 3209 times)

dustind900

• View Profile
XMB theme edit (I need some help)
« on: January 03, 2018, 05:54:20 PM »
Preview  here

Is there a way to set the menu text to the game title instead of the rom name? I don't want to use a reloadable text element if I don't have to. This mostly affects MAME and its sub collections. You can see what I'm talking about in the video. Other systems are fine because the rom name is the game title.

Sent from my LEX820 using Tapatalk

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
Re: XMB theme edit (I need some help)
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 06:06:30 PM »
Preview  here

Is there a way to set the menu text to the game title instead of the rom name? I don't want to use a reloadable text element if I don't have to. This mostly affects MAME and its sub collections. You can see what I'm talking about in the video. Other systems are fine because the rom name is the game title.

Sent from my LEX820 using Tapatalk
Make sure you have a matching meta xml file for MAME in your meta/hyperlists directory. You can find them for many versions of MAME in the downloads section.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

dustind900

• View Profile
Re: XMB theme edit (I need some help)
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 06:13:17 PM »
I do have the MAME xml in my meta\hyperlist folder and I also deleted the meta.db file so a new one would be created. Is there something I can change in the menu attributes?

Edit: xml file was lowercase. Changed from "mame.xml" to "MAME.xml". Deleted the meta.db and restarted now everything is working as expected.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 07:19:45 PM by dustind900 »