Author Topic: Start Up on last game played  (Read 4528 times)

BritneysPAIRS

• View Profile
Start Up on last game played
« on: March 12, 2018, 05:19:25 AM »
Start Up on last game played....

It remembers the last selected game until boot then it does not remember the position.

At present jumps to the select collection normally main but can be defined...then when you go into collections the last remember position is wiped...this looks to be correct

however one of two options would be great....an option to remember the collection and game last played and jump to that on boot...or if collection to start is not main and another collection to remember the last played game in that collection

This would be fantastic for what im working on...PS I was looking at building or porting a GUI but have found this is so incredible at capturing nearly perfectly what I was after...ill show a video soon of some stuff ive been working on :) ive been around a bit with this stuff and this GUI is so good....

:) cheers all

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
Re: Start Up on last game played
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 10:38:21 PM »
It’s not a very easy feature to implement in the current structure due to the animations involved in getting to that particular position, but it’s on my todo list. First priority is adding a configuration menu though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BritneysPAIRS

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2018, 06:09:23 AM »
I thought about the animation a bit and why I thought it would only work if you start in non Main collection in the config...then the view is it is and can just jump the required amount of games...eg position down....

PS the animation is actually broken now if you jump into a non Main collection for some skins however I wouldn't worry about this I would just add the option if you are not starting in main then you have the option to start in the last played game from that collection...I do have a method to my madness as im modding quite a bit...

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2018, 06:36:19 AM »
If you currently select something other than main you cannot return to main. The current feature wasn’t meant for what you have in mind, so I’ll have to come up with something new.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BritneysPAIRS

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2018, 12:17:29 PM »
Hi actually I just wanted it to go into mame folder and not back out at all...one flat list however remember the game

this feature is really only needed when you have one system :)

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2018, 02:40:36 PM »
Hi actually I just wanted it to go into mame folder and not back out at all...one flat list however remember the game

this feature is really only needed when you have one system :)
In that case some of the layouts will not work properly. They assume a multi layer menu structure.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

BritneysPAIRS

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2018, 08:07:47 PM »
yes some skins are broken now when using this setup.

However it can be used in a very easy way for mame only builds :)

8bitsdeep

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 04:41:50 PM »
In a similar line to this, I'd love it if each collection remembered your last spot in the menu when it was loaded.

For example, if I've been playing Phantasy Star II on the Genesis, I open Retro FE, select Consoles -> Genesis and the menu is loads up immediately on Phantasy Star II since that was the last Genesis game I had selected.

Not sure if that'd be easier to implement than starting up directly on the last game played.