Author Topic: Volunteer board  (Read 2258 times)

KushielAOC

• View Profile
Volunteer board
« on: February 04, 2018, 04:26:51 PM »
I don't have much coding expertise and most of what I know about it I probably learned from setting up RetroFE. I really -really- like it over all of the other Front Ends because it's easily customizable and the devs are really into making it easy for the end user. That said, if there was some grunt work that you needed to be done I feel like I could do some random stuff with a little guidance - So here's my proposal:

Make a forum subject with "Bounties" For you that gives a pretty in detail description of ways we could help you with things you need help with. I know you have mentioned a few different times about things you don't have expertise with and would love help with, I think if we had a board right on the front page with ways to help, I think it would be received well. Right now I have no idea how to help - I've actually been trying to get a Raspberry Pi image together as mentioned on one of your other boards but I'm just having one hell of a time getting it to work.

I feel like this would help all of us understand the massive undertaking it is creating a front end this good, and would enable us all to easily help out with things we are good at. If this does exist, I haven't found it and maybe a redirect from here would help as well.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
Re: Volunteer board
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 06:26:32 PM »
Well, I've added the board, and I'll see if I can add some posts requesting specific help for RetroFE. Other than the general programming (which could do with a lot more programmers for sure), I could certainly use some serious help with the website (which I know little about), and we could use more and better themes (which I suck at). At the top of the programming list is certainly a configuration menu with search function, but that will take some serious programming effort. At least I managed to get my new laptop to compile RetroFE for Windows and Linux again, so I can start looking into programming features again soon. I first need to go through the current themes though, and make sure they all work properly with all the latest changes in RetroFE.