Author Topic: A Couple Of Issues  (Read 15127 times)

PinealServo

• View Profile
Re: A Couple Of Issues
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2017, 11:41:16 PM »
The pull request for this is up now; I've tested the build on Linux, Mac, and Windows.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2017, 08:02:16 AM »
The pull request for this is up now; I've tested the build on Linux, Mac, and Windows.

I saw it, thank you. :) I'll give it a few tests myself, and then merge it with the main base.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2017, 08:37:30 AM »
I've seen no issues; I've merged it with the main branch. :)

catelite

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2017, 07:36:57 PM »
I'm not sure if it's related but I've noticed video distortion on many videos (~50% of a large collection) since syncing to head this weekend, most of mine are from emumovies for reference

catelite

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2017, 07:40:34 PM »
Fyi I'm running a windows build on Win 10

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2017, 07:47:56 PM »
Can you send me one to test with?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

catelite

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2017, 09:03:43 PM »
Sure, do you have somewhere I can upload to? I don't want to use a video hosting site since it will probably reconvert. Alternatively if you have an emumovies account an the video above is just the wonderswan system movie from their ftp

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2017, 09:46:14 PM »
If it's below 4 MB you can upload it here; otherwise you could use dropbox, MEGA or Google Drive. You can even try to email me. :)
If that's a problem, I'll see if I can find it on the EmuMovies FTP tomorrow.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 07:47:24 AM by Pieter Hulshoff »

catelite

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2017, 10:47:15 PM »
Looks like the limit for attachments is 4Mb, I've PM'd you a link

PinealServo

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2017, 12:15:18 AM »
Oddly enough, that's what a lot of my handheld system videos looked like *before* the changes I made. I did test on Windows 10, but I didn't have any of the funky-resolution handheld system videos on that machine, so I'll have to see if I can reproduce it there with the videos I've got.  It's definitely an error relating to the embedded padding that occurs when the video resolution isn't a power-of-2, and this also throws off the offsets of the various layers in the buffer, so the chroma samples aren't applied properly.

I think what happened is that whichever codec got loaded in your pipeline didn't set the VideoMeta on the buffer that would describe how the layers are packed in the buffer, so the code assumed that they were packed contiguously.  But I previously wrote some code that can figure out the packing just based on the resolution and the buffer size, so I should be able to slip that in for the case where the size doesn't match what we expect for a contiguously-packed buffer.

PinealServo

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2017, 05:12:51 AM »
If that's the same video for the Wonderswan that is currently available here: http://emumovies.com/files/file/1092-wonderswan-system-intro-video-hq-480p/  then it's not a matter of which video; it plays fine on my machine. I've implemented the code that calculates the strides/offsets without the metadata and verified that it continues to play it correctly on my machine, but it's possible something else strange is going on. I'll try this video out on a couple of other environments and see if I can provoke a failure to verify my fix on, but I think it'll work.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2017, 07:53:14 AM »
I have forwarded the link to you, PinealServo. I can confirm that this video causes issues on my Linux system as well. I haven't tried it on my Windows machine yet.

I've had similar issues with videos before this change as well, so it's not limited to the change you made. It's just different videos causing the issue now. :)

PinealServo

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2017, 08:47:36 AM »
I think I finally got this one licked. Hopefully all the videos will play correctly now, aside from aspect ratio issues for videos with non-square pixels.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2017, 11:03:25 AM »
That's good to hear. :) As soon as the aspect ratio also works I plan to do some last testing (already did some testing with your latest build), and import it into the main branch. Since it also contains support for multiple key assignment I'll need to check further how your change compares to the code Catelite sent me for that purpose. For the future, let's make sure we mention what feature we work on in the development thread so we don't all work on the same feature. :)

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2017, 08:45:30 AM »
I'm not sure if it's related but I've noticed video distortion on many videos (~50% of a large collection) since syncing to head this weekend, most of mine are from emumovies for reference

Can you retest with the latest code? Your multiple key support should be in there as well, and I haven't had any video issues yet.
Slight warning: it seems the libgstvideo-1.0.0.dll needs an update; I get an error under Windows regarding the gst_buffer_get_video_meta procedure.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 09:42:16 AM by Pieter Hulshoff »