Author Topic: Having problems with "Sega Genesis" XML for new entries  (Read 4816 times)

StoningtonQB

• View Profile
Having problems with "Sega Genesis" XML for new entries
« on: December 17, 2017, 05:28:24 PM »
Recently I had decided to update my Sega Genesis XML file to reflect any additions to my collection. For a while, each game I added would show up when I would scroll over to that particular game in the menu.

For example, if I add just "Aah Harimanada" to the original XML file, and then go into the Genesis collection, the information shows up. But it got to a point where that would stop working as I added more missing titles. I ended up restoring the default XML file and manually added all my new titles in one shot. None of the newly added titles show now.

I also added a collection called "Sega Mega Drive" with the exact same XML file (renamed "Sega Mega Drive") and I am not having this problem. I went a step further and changed my metadata.type in the settings.conf for my Sega Genesis collection to a different name, for example, "Sega Genesiss" and renamed the XML file accordingly. After I did this, none of the titles in my collection would show information.

I believe there is some kind of bug that is affecting this. Attached is the XML file I have created. I have loaded this into a couple of different computers now with the same result, and only the "Sega Genesis" collection is affected by this. Is there something wrong with my XML file? It's the second time I have created this, and none of my import games from Japan or China are showing information from the XML file. What gives?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 05:30:06 PM by StoningtonQB »

StoningtonQB

• View Profile
Re: Having problems with "Sega Genesis" XML for new entries
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 05:44:40 PM »
Is there a way to force reload of the XML file?

Agent47

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2017, 06:25:07 PM »
Are you using an old version of RetroFE? Previously you had to delete the meta.db file in the root and restart RFE to add new items but that was fixed a while ago.

StoningtonQB

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2017, 07:39:30 PM »
Latest version. Vanilla install. Deleting the meta.db has wiped all games in the collection from showing after restarting. Is there something wrong with my XML file?

JonahUK

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2017, 07:47:42 PM »
Just a thought but do you make use of include/exclude files and if so, are they populated with these new entries as per your xml?

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2017, 07:49:33 PM »
The XML file is indeed wrong, though I haven't found the line yet. Best way remains to be adding games one at a time so you know which change caused an issue.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

StoningtonQB

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2017, 07:51:52 PM »
I found the problem. Langrisser II missing manufacturer opening tag.

StoningtonQB

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2017, 07:53:58 PM »
Now that this is working I would like to share this with the community. Lots of Japanese / Chinese games added as well as a few other bits.