Author Topic: Theme request  (Read 4963 times)

dustind900

• View Profile
Theme request
« on: December 10, 2017, 06:44:37 PM »
I would be willing to donate some funds to anyone willing to make a theme that resembles the Retroarch XMB. I can do this myself but I don't like RetroFE's theming system. I hate xml and I don't like having to continuously start the FE to view changes. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the way it is, I just don't like it personally.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Agent47

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Theme request
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 07:38:47 PM »
IIRC ryuuji made a PS4-style XMB theme already.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 08:01:37 PM »
IIRC ryuuji made a PS4-style XMB theme already.
True, and I found multiple examples online. Could you provide a screenshot of what you're looking for?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

dustind900

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 03:29:39 AM »
Something like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hB2Cc4b3HXs

Or even the default theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55DOOFL80v0

ryuuji's theme is good also. If someone wanted to modify this for me to look more like the videos above. Text based GameList with Boxart and Video/Screenshot only.

This is for my Uncle. He could care less about media and he is not that computer savvy. He is also a PS4 user so the XMB style will be familiar to him. I don't need any images or anything just the basic layout. I would do this myself if I had time. Between work, school, and kids I have very little time left for making themes. I would appreciate any help on this. Like I said I can donate a bit of money, or bitcoin, or if an app is needed to help out with RetroFE, etc.. If anyone wanted to do it out of the kindness of their heart that would be cool too.  ;)

Agent47

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 04:30:06 AM »
The good news is that layout looks very easy to replicate. I don't think having both menus on screen at the same time will be possible though, but Pieter will have to confirm that. Even if that were the case having a horizontal main menu and a vertical text menu for the game list would be close and simple enough for him to navigate.

I'd offer to help but I have too many WIP projects as it is. I am a bit curious as to why you've decided to not just use RetroArch itself for his setup. I assume there must be a few RetroFE features you want to utilize which RA is lacking, otherwise it would be less work to just use RA directly.

Pieter Hulshoff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Towel 42
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 11:32:02 AM »
I could probably adapt the XMB layout we already have to resemble this. RetroFE does require you to actually enter a collection before the games can be displayed, but other than that it should work pretty much the same.

dustind900

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2017, 10:30:49 PM »
I did consider using just retroarch, but you can't have per system setups without some sort of launcher or using split cores.

Having to enter into the collection first is not an issue. I'm sure he will be using the favorites list a lot anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk